PDA

View Full Version : kid pullovers Hello Kitty and Spongebob

hyperactive
08-04-2010, 05:34 AM
Hi!
My godchildren had desires: they want pullovers that do not feature but LOOK LIKE spongebob and hello kitty.

For the 3-year old girl, I will just knit a hello kitty pattern onto the front and back of a pinkish pullover. She will love it. I did already find free charts online with the motive and lots of grafics I can make into a chart myself. So that should be the easy one - the bow in the hair I could make as application so it is "touchable", I guess.

But for the 8-year old boy I will really try to conjure up Spongebob - I mean: he IS the shape of a sleeveless sweater. I mean the sewater being the body of spongebob entirely from the top of the head to the square pants.

I have already gotten used to the idea of havint to make my own pattern. Take a basic pattern for a sleeve less pullover and work a chart for the intarsia and stranding work of the face and the rows of the pants, and so on. I was thinking of making the tie as an application, but I will have to see if that is any good.

In case any of you would know of such a pattern I would not need to put the work into making one.

Well, I just hope by the time knitting and giving the kids are still into the same topics. :D

If anyone is interested, I will keep you posted on my progress.