PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Pattern

Squeekie
08-05-2010, 08:52 PM
I was recently in North Carolina on vacation and stopped at a local knitting shop. I saw a sample blanket and thought I purchased the corresponding pattern. Upon returning home I soon discovered I purchased the wrong pattern. Since I am now hundred of miles away I cannot return to the shop. I have not been successful in having the shop assist me in purchasing the correct pattern. I snapped a close up of the blanket in the store and have attached the picture. I'm hoping someone might be able to identify the stitch or the pattern. My entire knitting group would love to purchase the pattern if it can be determined.

suzeeq
08-05-2010, 08:56 PM
It might be easier to tell if it was rightside up.... Then we could fake the pattern a little better. ;)

hyperactive
08-06-2010, 03:33 AM
true, it is upside down :)

I would assume it is interlocked cables one over one. Just not quite.

If I would try to make something like that I would knit 4 rows in st st, then make that crossing section (once cross strand 1 and 2, 3 and 4 and so on, then a few rows up cross 2 and 3, 4 and 5 and so on)

the cross is no simple cable, though. It looks like stitches were slipped with yarn in front. in 2 rows consecutively.

Honestly: I have not made this pattern. I am not quite so impressed, either. Maybe you have to see it at a large scale to admire.

Good luck in finding the pattern or someone to tell you exactly how it works.