PDA

View Full Version : Knitting injuries??!!

SissyKnits
08-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Have any of my fellow knitters sustained knitting injuries? I'm not talking carpal tunnel syndrome, I mean injuries from the needles??

Here's the story from me: I was running late to jury dury and threw my sock in progress into my purse. As I was getting in the car, I grabbed my bag to throw it on the passenger seat and it scraped along my leg - and lo and behold! One of those sock needles had poked a hole in my bag and (in the words of 3-year-old Julia) gave me a big owie.

Evidence:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53207240@N03/4913826774/

Has anyone else had something similar?

mspwrz
08-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Sorry Sissy. I have not had aknitting injury like that. I have broken a sock needle when I dropped my knitting bag and tried to catch it. Bummer. Hope the injury is not to serious. I cannot see it on this compouter.

Mommy22alyns
08-21-2010, 05:22 PM
I've poked a hole in my index finger with the tip of my knitting needles before. Those Options are pretty sharp!

khaosx5
08-23-2010, 09:21 AM
been there...done that. I feel your pain...Arnica oil will help take the bruising away very quickly.:knitting:

kmaclean
08-23-2010, 09:31 AM
I've poked a hole in my index finger with the tip of my knitting needles before. Those Options are pretty sharp!

Me too! :rofl:

newamy
08-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Someone at Sock Summit 09 moved her leg into a bag under the chair or something and got a needle stuck in her leg. She had to go to ER to have it removed, I guess it was fairly deep.

cftwo
08-23-2010, 10:23 AM
One of my sisters once got a knitting needle stuck in her head. No blood, but a ruined needle. (This was a result of children rough-housing plus my mom's knitting project on the back of the couch.)

Jan in CA
08-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Wow...I've never had an injury like these. Yikes! :zombie:

SissyKnits
08-23-2010, 11:16 AM
One of my sisters once got a knitting needle stuck in her head. No blood, but a ruined needle.

Is it bad that my first reaction was "Oh man, it must have sucked to wreck that needle - what'd she do when she needed to start the next row?" :think:

Feef
08-23-2010, 12:36 PM
My dog almost suffered severe injuries when I came home one night and discovered my GORGEOUS purple sock yarn in a torn up ball and my DPNs chewed!

:grrr:

After checking his mouth for injuries, I almost killed him LOL

KnitterGirl12
08-23-2010, 01:30 PM
I almost poked my eye out with a knitting needle when my sister was fencing with it. She turned around and gave me a big whap near the top of my eye! Yikes!:fingerwag: She is crazy (in a good way!:mrgreen:

QweenieBee
08-23-2010, 05:42 PM
I almost poked my eye out with a knitting needle when my sister was fencing with it. She turned around and gave me a big whap near the top of my eye! Yikes!:fingerwag: She is crazy (in a good way!:mrgreen:

Oh! Eye injuries are one of my big fears! I am so glad you didn't lose an eye! *feels faint*:ick:

weezie64
08-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Oh! Eye injuries are one of my big fears! I am so glad you didn't lose an eye! *feels faint*:ick:

That is a constant fear for me too. I always think I'm going to forget I have knitting needles in my hand when I go to rub my eye!

SissyKnits
08-24-2010, 03:54 PM
That is a constant fear for me too. I always think I'm going to forget I have knitting needles in my hand when I go to rub my eye!

My fear is that I'll sneeze and throw my head forward and pierce my eye...:shock:

Rosey2376
08-25-2010, 02:17 PM
I got a knitting needle stuck in my ankle. Put the knitting on the floor to get up off the couch, tripped over the wool, needle in ankle. OK, so I'd had a couple of beers. That might be why I didn't seem to mind just pulling it out again.
Ooooh, ouch. Not to be repeated :aww: