PDA

View Full Version : How clean is your kitchen?

Jan in CA
09-07-2010, 01:57 PM
This is harder than you think! I got a B with a score of 89 due to the fact that I don't have a thermometer in my fridge and I haven't washed my walls and ceiling and inside my cabinets. :doh:

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/eh/fsquiz/

saracidaltendencies
09-07-2010, 11:58 PM
hahaha...I'm sure I fail because of my pets alone!

MoniDew
09-08-2010, 12:54 PM
fail, fail, EPIC fail! (I scored a 77 - a "C")
I don't clean my house at all!! I'd rather knit!

etoilechaude
09-08-2010, 01:40 PM
I scored a 97, however, we JUST remodeled the kitchen and I've been obsessive about cleaning it and making sure things are put away neatly and organized... I'm positive my score would have been much lower a month ago.

KathleenG
09-12-2010, 10:37 PM
83 B !! They're gonna shut me down!!!

I don't sanitize my sponge EVERY DAY gasp!

I don't cool off foods by putting them in an ice bath horrors!

I don't dry my clean, washed hands on a paper towel (I use a clean cloth towel) OMG!

I don't scrub down my kitchen walls and ceiling reguarly so shoot me!

I don't know how I've survived all these years!

Jan in CA
09-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Kathleen!! :roflhard:

melmac51
09-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Hmph! Now I'm afraid to take the test!!

...okay, I took it...got an 83B. Some of their recommendations are things that I'm already doing right.

HollyP
09-16-2010, 09:56 PM
84 B I think I can live with that!

Doodknitwit
09-17-2010, 09:47 PM
83 B !! They're gonna shut me down!!!

I don't sanitize my sponge EVERY DAY gasp!

I don't cool off foods by putting them in an ice bath horrors!

I don't dry my clean, washed hands on a paper towel (I use a clean cloth towel) OMG!

I don't scrub down my kitchen walls and ceiling reguarly so shoot me!

I don't know how I've survived all these years!

:blooby: :roflhard:

Me too! Amazing all the sanitizers for the hands etc... You can kill the good germs and get sick easier.... geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :hair:

Debkcs
09-18-2010, 02:06 AM
That was fun!

I got 100%, but that's because of all the years of being a nurse, except when I owned or managed restaurants. This stuff is just second nature.

SabrinaJL
09-18-2010, 02:08 AM
I got 85.

I don't rapidly cool my food.
I don't take my wedding ring off.
I don't check my food for foreign objects. Who actually does that? Generally I'm cooking it and can see what's going in it. And yes, every now and then, one of my hairs ends up in it. Oh noes!

MarkVincent
09-20-2010, 02:34 AM
Hi

I be at with 82B at present I normally clean the kitchen once in 15 days and i put all the sufficient stocks required for 15 days. I know it's not good but i have not not able to pick time out of my official works.

OffJumpsJack
09-20-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm not the primary cook, but have you considered a barbecue grill? :oo: :oo: :oo: :oo:

So, I did my best and for our indoor cooking, "[My] kitchen has received a "C" with a score of 78." You know, I put the food in a bowl or container with a lid or plastic wrap over it and pop it in the frig. It just cools on the stove in 30 to 45 min. with a lid on.

Sanitize a sponge daily? Well does a 3m scrubber count as a sponge? The dish rag we hang to dry and swap out every 1 to three days or so.

Oh, we don't have hermetic seals on the doors and windows as we have four children and the doors are often left open (for only G@& know why) and flies can get in the house.

A thermometer in the fridge? Well I can tell by the feel of the containers as I retrieve or move them. Besides left overs just get tossed once they begin to grow again. :shrug:

Well, with two teens and 2 pre-teens there rarely are any leftovers to worry about. :doh:

MGM
09-20-2010, 02:58 PM
I scored a 92A! I'm shocked cuz I'm not that great of a housecleaner...I'd rather be in my sewing room making a mess!

MGM

Shandeh
09-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I got 100%, but that's because of all the years of being a nurse, except when I owned or managed restaurants. This stuff is just second nature.
Wow! :shock: You're amazing Deb!
You should start a cottage industry out of your kitchen. Make jams and jellies and baby food!

Jan in CA
09-20-2010, 06:12 PM
That was fun!

:zombie: Wow, that's awesome! I'm actually pretty good. There was just some things like cleaning the walls and ceiling??!

etoilechaude
09-21-2010, 12:57 AM
:zombie: Wow, that's awesome! I'm actually pretty good. There was just some things like cleaning the walls and ceiling??!

Yeah, the only reason our walls and ceiling got cleaned recently was because of the remodel... I'm sure my score would have been significantly lower if that wasn't the case ;)

Rosey2376
09-21-2010, 06:29 AM
I could have a clean and tidy house, if I locked the kids in the attic, if I didn't knit and crochet, if I banished the OH :thumbsup:
GEEZ I'd be miserable.
Happy being messy. Thats why I have an immune system.

Loopdeloop
09-23-2010, 09:31 AM
84 here.

Mostly on the same things as others.

*Don't take off my engagement, wedding, and inherited family wedding ring from 1898. Those things have come off once since I was married --- and that was during my last three weeks of pregnancy when my hands swelled and my husband told me I had to remove them. He gave me no choice, and I cried because they're my wedding rings.

*Don't cool things down using an ice bath. Who on earth has time to do that?

*shrug* I can live with that. I will admit we may let dishes build up a bit longer in the sink than we ought to (like, by a day), but when that happens, it's usually not anything disgusting or super gross laying around --- usually sandwich plates and the like.

wellslipmystitches
09-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Oh Jan, I don't succumb to tests like this anymore. I figure this one, though, will give me a much better score than my blood pressure or my golf game. (Must be something good in that)!

Ahem! Where my hairs end up is my business!

Thermometers in fridges?! Didn't you already pay a couple grand for a thermostat that controls that with your energy star, government approved, ice and water dispensing, huge, stainless steel atrocity in what used to be a warm and inviting kitchen?

You know if the temps are not good when the food in your fridge is green - even the things that are supposed to be white or brown. A no brainer. When you take out a little plate of some leftover and think, "Might be meat . . . might be cake" — toss it! Who needs a test for that?

You ever check out a whole lot of bad stuff that can get into those water lines that produce instant ice and cold water. I'm so glad I haven't forgotten the recipe for homemade ice cubes.
Jean

Lighting57
09-30-2010, 01:29 PM
My score was B 85, because I do not cool food rapidly (It's usually cool enough by the time I finish eatting). I do not have a thermometer in the fridge. I have to turn the thermometer up because it freezes the eggs and lettuce. I think it si cold enough.

Lighting57
09-30-2010, 01:31 PM
fail, fail, EPIC fail! (I scored a 77 - a "C")
I don't clean my house at all!! I'd rather knit!

You have someone else clean it for you, right?

Antares
12-28-2010, 08:03 PM
I think I'd rather go pull out all my crocheted and knitted projects rather than take this test!

But from other comments, I see I'm supposed to be "washing down the ceiling." Now that would be a hoot seeing as how the ceiling is made of those (disgusting) little balls (not asbestos, thank God) that were popular back in the mid-80s. If I washed it down, the whole ceiling would then be on the floor, but I'm sure that's probably perfectly acceptable healthwise! (Where's that smiley that rolls his eyes?)

Debkcs
12-29-2010, 01:20 AM
The health inspector told us that he didn't want to see any 'grease spots' on the ceiling, or have anything dripping down. I couldn't even imagine what he meant, and didn't ask.

Breezed
12-30-2010, 10:47 AM
81 B good enough for me