PDA

View Full Version : Let's Make It Simple

AIR
09-16-2010, 12:12 PM
The post has a link to over 100 simple attractive designs for inspiration. Some of them have patterns.

If you have simple effective knitting things, please, add a link here for others to be able to follow you. The thing should be knitted within several days. Let's share the attractive things and designs we can create quickly!

I find out that many people visit this thread. Dear friends, for your convenience, I created a separate page on my site where you can see more images of the designs on one page,so you do not need to click all the references. The images are links to the original sites in case you need more info on the design.

https://sites.google.com/site/airknittingfashionstyle/current-projects/simple-attractive-designs

Enjoy your simple designs!

suzeeq
09-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Do you mean patterns or Tips? We have threads for both already going on.

AIR
09-16-2010, 12:41 PM
The thread is not about tips, because tips mean the easiest and effective way to do something.

It is not about patterns, there are no patterns introduced.

I would like to create a thread about finished things that are effective enough for others to look back in the street at your knitting thing and say WOW!

But we all know that there are millions of attractive patterns and things everywhere. That's why I would like to focus on the simple and effective things that can be done within few days... not weeks and months... Does it make sence?

I believe every woman would like to be attractive, so I propose to share our knitting fashion experience. Different combinations of yarn, details, and other things can be really attractive and simple at the same time.

But again the whole knitting thing should be done within few days.

suzeeq
09-16-2010, 01:42 PM
But again the whole knitting thing should be done within few days.

Not necessarily 'should be'. I agree that many things can be made simply, but not everyone wishes to do these and would like to be challenged by new techniques and more complex items.

Jan in CA
09-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Another point is that the members here post in other threads about their knitting.. FO whether they are easy or not are posted in What'cha Knittin', patterns are usually posted in Pattern Central so I don't know if they'll post again here especially if this thread slips down or to another page.

If you're looking for quick projects and post a thread about that I'm sure that lots of members can find patterns for you either things they've done or know about.

AIR
09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
... I agree that many things can be made simply...

Actually that is a problem;) , I have about 20 things, but I found only 2 that were made within few days and it was not an easy way to find these things.

I do not remember the whole story about the model 6. So I'm going to tell only about model 2. One day I was going through the street with small shops in Moscow, Russia, and noticed a knitting thing that captured my attention for several minutes... I liked the idea very much but the whole thing looked dull... I decided to change the model, still utilizing the idea of black and white stripes. Moreover, I was wearing it the last New Year day at night club, and the white stipes were sparkling, it was very beautiful and captured others eyes. Moreover the model 2 is very-very warm...

You are absolutely right that not everyone is interested in simple models and patterns. Most of my models were created within several weeks, and people come to me at my office and in the shop just to ask where they can get these models. That is why I decided to create this thread. I like make people happy... When someone in the street or in the shop says It is really nice! or asks Where did you get it? and you answer I made it myself! I believe that very moment you are happy...

I believe that you are moving aroud this forum much more than I am, if you advise me to change the mothivation to just sharing the models that has proven attractiveness, I believe I should do so...

Does I catch your idea right?

Crycket
09-16-2010, 02:26 PM
I have to admit...I find this concept confusing...and perhaps a little off putting...

If it is not about patterns, tips or knitting...then it is about advertising...right?

AIR
09-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Well, the patterns of knitting and tips of knitting the patterns are not the main thing here. This thread is about knitting models and knitting fashion. I'm interested in beautiful models, but when I see the pictures most of them made me crazy, because I understand how much time I should spend on them.

We all love knitting small objects, and ask questions like Where to put that beautiful flower I knitted yesterday? May be any of you have old jacket that is up-to-date by your extramodern knitted collar.

By models I understand the finished object. You sometimes do not have to do the oblect from the scratch. You may use effective colors or yarn types. Anything that made the knitted object attractive is welcomed here.

I do not think that advertizing have anything to do with my post. I would like others feel the same when they create their things. If they don't, we should speak about that too. I know why some of my models are attractive and also know a lot of people who spends much time knitting and create a real masterpieces, but sometimes these masterpieces misses some little thing to be accepted as they really should be!

I believe there are a lot of people within this site, who knows what makes their designs attractive to others who do not knit and do not understant the real time-value of the object...

suzeeq
09-16-2010, 02:44 PM
We would call your word 'model' a design I think.

AIR
09-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Yes, I believe it should be design...

AIR
09-21-2010, 10:38 AM
I found two more simple designs

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_npm2b3qIpwA/SwIW29O6VNI/AAAAAAAAGfU/inUQ3JctnQE/s1600/knitting+simple+bolero.JPG
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_npm2b3qIpwA/TEroWYtm4QI/AAAAAAAAIU4/5FeyDDk7FuY/s1600/DSCN5229.JPG

Woodi
09-21-2010, 11:12 AM
I think it is very kind of you to want to spread the joy of knitting this way.
Thank you for the lovely models you have displayed! (or perhaps you prefer to call them 'designs'). Very good idea!

AIR
09-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks for your kind words! Does not matter how to call them until we mean the same things ;-)

RuthieinMaryland
09-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi! :waving:

Your designs (models) are quite lovely! Are you the one wearing them in the photos?

I think you've got a great sense of style and I'm beginning to see what it is you want to communicate and get others to communicate in the forum.

In this forum you're sharing with an international crowd, most of whom speak English but there are other languages involved as well. Getting the right word to describe your thoughts and intentions is necessary to achieve understanding, so please be patient and keep on sharing your wonderful work.

I think the word "designs" probably best describes your projects in English.

Adding some special knitted feature or accessory to a project to make it "NOW" and not "YESTERDAY" is a great thing to focus on.

I haven't been doing too much in the way of garment knitting lately but you've started me thinking in that direction.

I'm sure there are folks on the forum who knit garments all the time and might have some ideas for those knitted features or accessories that will make garments more stylish!

Thanks for sharing your idea and your work!

Happy Knitting,

Ruthie :hug:

AIR
09-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Are you the one wearing them in the photos?

Hi, nice to meet you!:waving:

Yes, so far I'm wearing all objects on my site.

I appreciate greatly your explanations, they are very clear and simple. Thank you!

Adding some special knitted feature or accessory to a project to make it "NOW" and not "YESTERDAY" is a great thing to focus on.

For the features or accessories, I need some help on what should be considered yesterday.

I believe that we should focus on the "yesterday" objects that most people have and would really like to "upgrade".

If someone can help us with the real objects, that would be perfect and our ideas would have value for other people.

What do you think of it?

AIR
09-27-2010, 04:35 PM
I found one more simple design

http://www.styledbykristin.com/whatsnew/2009/1/6/superior-crochet-spring-2009.html

I decide to add all the design links to the first post on the thread.

Moreover, I find out that many people visit this thread. Dear friends, for your convenience, I created a separate page on my site where you can see the images of all designs on one page, the images are links to the original sites, so you do not need to click all the references.

https://sites.google.com/site/airknittingfashionstyle/current-projects/simple-attractive-designs

Enjoy your simple designs!

RuthieinMaryland
09-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi! :waving:

The designs you show on the main page are beautiful! That shawl is a knock-out! It's crochet, right? Quite beautiful.

As far as updating "yesterday" to "now", probably the best reference you'll find is checking out the latest fashions in stores and fashion magazines as well as looking through past issues of fashion books and magazines at your local library. This should show you how styles evolved from past to present.

Then, too, maybe someone on here has something they want to update, or just brighten up a little, and would be willing to send a picture. Then you and the other forum members could make suggestions about what would accomplish that. It could be valuable and a lot of fun!

At any rate, keep on creating and sharing your designs!

Happy knitting,

Ruthie :yay:

AIR
10-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Thank you, Ruthie!

Two more simple designs of knitted tops were added

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4304/cem-cema.43/0_30ff3_37b977ca_L.jpg
http://www.aristofashion.com/shop/images/02_03_womens_top_L_31115.jpg

AIR
10-21-2010, 11:17 AM
For those interested, I added several more designs;) .

AIR
04-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi,

My collection has over 100 designs now. To view them, use the link:

Enjoy!

fatoldladyinpjs
04-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Most of those are just pictures of the items. The few that do have patterns are written in Russian and useless. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

AIR
04-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Most of those are just pictures of the items. The few that do have patterns are written in Russian and useless. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

Well, if you have more experience, you do not need a pattern for a design.

There are several patterns in English and an introduction which says that you can contact me for translation...

If you noticed that there is at least russian description, you can always feel free to ask me to translate it. It will be really useless to spend much time translating all those descriptions unless someone would like to use any of them.

Even if tere is no any description you can ask me or other forum members to help you find the patterns. We will sure do our best to help you. What do you think of it?

Jan in CA
04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Are these your own personal designs or are you sharing patterns from a book/magazine? One of them I looked at looked like a photocopy of a book/magazine.

AIR
04-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Are these your own personal designs or are you sharing patterns from a book/magazine? One of them I looked at looked like a photocopy of a book/magazine.

The designs are from different internet sourses: online shops, magazines, personal collections, fashion reviews, and so on. Every image is a link to the original site. I did my best to find the original sources. Some sources have descriptions. I used them for pdf versions.