PDA

View Full Version : What to make with Red Heart Sport?

Loopdeloop
09-19-2010, 11:44 AM
I inherited a bunch of yarn from a friend who had to stop crocheting. I have a bunch of Red Heart Wintuk Sport Yarn -- 2 ply, 100% orlon acrylic fiber. And I have no idea what to make with it.

I have four skeins of it: Baby pink. A tealish blue. And two royal blues.

I've looked at a couple of patterns involving this yarn, and I'm not thrilled with them. After the hat I made, I was looking for something like a simple blanket or a scarf to try, but I don't know how this yarn will hold up for that. Any suggestions?

suzeeq
09-19-2010, 11:58 AM
I have some and it seems to be nearly as thick as worsted so you could use a pattern that's for worsted or dk and it should work ** . This type of yarn will 'hold up' for years and years, so don't worry about that aspect.

** if it's the same RH Sport that I have...

MoniDew
09-19-2010, 12:09 PM
any time I have a washable yarn, I think, "grandkids!" (or kids, or friends' kids, etc)

borealowl
09-20-2010, 05:13 PM
This summer I knitted some bags of things to take to the shelter here and got some of the Red Heart sport yarn. I made a couple of simple neck warmers with it.

MerigoldinWA
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
I have made baby/child sweaters out of this type of yarn. It is a workhorse yarn, not the softest around, but not bad and will hold up to a lot of use.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q220/JoodieKadoodie/Sweaters/TexturedCardisleevefoldedsmall.jpg

This is made out of that yarn.