PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Need discontinued yarn!!

chrmuzic
10-02-2010, 10:06 PM
HELP!!!!

I started my first knitted sweater for myself with Knit Picks Shine Worsted in Terra Cotta that I bought previously for another project. I have completed the back, but I don't have enough to knit the front. I am desperately seeking to buy at least 4 skeins of this yarn to finish my first garment (complete with cables). Please email me at chrmuzic@gmail.com if you have this yarn you are willing to sell. Thank you.

Jan in CA
10-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Oh no... Sorry I can't help you with that. Always check the pattern and yardage before you start knitting from now on. Is there any chance you can use a contrasting color? Sometimes that works, sometimes not.

kmaclean
10-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Are you a member of Ravelry.com? It's free to sign up if you're not already. There are several members who have KnitPicks Shine Worsted in "Terra Cotta" in their stashes (click here (http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/knit-picks-shine-worsted/stashes?search=terra+cotta) to see the members who have this yarn stashed) ... you could see if someone would be willing to sell you a few skeins to finish your project. It looks like no one has this particular color listed as being for sale/trade, but members are often willing to help when it comes to discontinued yarn (especially if they don't have a project in mind for the yarn you're looking for), so it wouldn't hurt to try before you end up frogging! :thumbsup: