PDA

View Full Version : FO: A little girl's sweater with Viking cables

aprilbetty
10-04-2010, 09:17 AM
This is my second child's sweater using Elsebeth Lavold's cables charted in "Viking Patterns for Knitting." (Thanks again to LANA for introducing me to this book.) This sweater is for my DGD who is the little sister. I could not leave her out. The yarn is Lion cotton-ease in the color called berry, knitted with size 6 needles (size 5 for the ribbing). My Georgia grandchildren love the cotton-ease sweaters. Again I used tables from Ann Budd's "The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns" for the dimensions of the sweater.

kmaclean
10-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Once again you've done an amazing job! The color will be so cute on her too! :yay:

WandaT
10-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Oh my goodness! It's amazing!! Beautiful work!!

hyperactive
10-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Wonderful design!
I am just waiting for my order of "Continuous Cables" because the cables get closed to actual circles there. That will be my start into designing myself a shrug and my niece a baby jacket with celtic motives or the like.

Jan in CA
10-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Very cute! You have lucky little granddaughters! :thumbsup:

aprilbetty
10-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Wonderful design!
I am just waiting for my order of "Continuous Cables" because the cables get closed to actual circles there. That will be my start into designing myself a shrug and my niece a baby jacket with celtic motives or the like.
I just looked at that book on Amazon, and the cables are wonderful! The designs are quite similar to the ones in my Viking book, so I cannot justify yet another cable book. My next design will be for my 5-yr old DGS who lives in Colorado, and likes warm sweaters. I love working from charts.

margz3
10-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Another stunner :thumbsup:

bambi
10-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Very beautiful sweater! The cables are stunning.

Lana
10-05-2010, 10:27 AM
OH BOY! That is just darling! :yay:

Gee, I didn't think it was possible to have too many knitting books of any kind. :shifty:

aprilbetty
10-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Gee, I didn't think it was possible to have too many knitting books of any kind. :shifty:

No, of course not -- unless DH is looking at the stack!

Lana
10-05-2010, 12:20 PM
.....unless DH is looking at the stack!

There's your mistake, stackin' 'em in one place.
Spread (hide) 'em throughout the house. :teehee:

My hubby has an expensive hobby. A continually expensive hobby.
He wouldn't dare scoff at me spending any amount of money on books, or yarn. :fingerwag:

JudyD
10-05-2010, 04:43 PM
This sweater and your other one have got to be the two most precious little girl sweaters I have ever seen! Your knitting is spectacular!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Judy

aprilbetty
10-05-2010, 07:10 PM
There's your mistake, stackin' 'em in one place.
Spread (hide) 'em throughout the house. :teehee:

Ha, ha! Well, I guess I will just check the library.

aprilbetty
10-05-2010, 07:13 PM
This sweater and your other one have got to be the two most precious little girl sweaters I have ever seen! Your knitting is spectacular!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Judy

Wow! Thanks so much! They were so much fun to do. I love knitting the little sweaters, and my two DD's really appreciate them.

Lana
10-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Ha, ha! Well, I guess I will just check the library.

Illinois has a fantastic inter-library loan system. I special order books frequently to preview them. Sometimes the wait is so long, I forget I what I ordered until I get a message that the book is in.

Having the librarian as a friend, who also knits, helps. She special orders books and shows them to me. That's how I got acquainted with the Viking Patterns For Knitting. :mrgreen:

MerigoldinWA
10-11-2010, 04:54 PM
The cables certainly work nicely with the Cotton-ease. Another beautiful sweater. It goes well with the other one you made without being identical. I can't wait to see the little boy's sweater you have in the works.

aprilbetty
10-11-2010, 05:23 PM
The cables certainly work nicely with the Cotton-ease. Another beautiful sweater. It goes well with the other one you made without being identical. I can't wait to see the little boy's sweater you have in the works.

Thanks! It may take a while on the next sweater, depending on when the new baby comes. We are going to Georgia tomorrow -- with all of my knitted things. I just hope that the sweaters fit the DGD's. The one I did in the summer for DGS was perfect -- with cables from Barbara Walker's book.

ArtLady1981
10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
You are a genius! To use one book for the dimensions, and another book for the cabling is so wonderful! This little sweater is a masterpiece!

aprilbetty
10-18-2010, 06:58 PM
You are a genius! To use one book for the dimensions, and another book for the cabling is so wonderful! This little sweater is a masterpiece!

Thanks loads, but I'm not a genius, I just love working things out. My DGC's are not "standard" size, and by using the tables of dimensions, it is much easier to combine sizes. And I just love cables!

Jaxhil
11-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Oh my goodness! That is just beautiful~your DGD will love it!!