PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Custom Blanket With Flag On It

CountryNaturals
10-06-2010, 02:49 PM
I have my potpourri bags listed on eBay with the statement "Custom Orders Welcome" in the title. Today I received this message:

" i want to buy a custom
knit king sized blanked with a flag on it"

I don't do large custom jobs so I thought I'd post it here. I have her email address if anyone is interested in pursuing this. Send me a PM and I'll send it to you. I have no other info right now, but I did tell her it wouldn't be cheap. ;)

kmaclean
10-06-2010, 03:24 PM
A hand knit KING SIZED blanket?? Yikes! :zombie:

CountryNaturals
10-06-2010, 03:33 PM
A hand knit KING SIZED blanket?? Yikes! :zombie:

Yeah, I think she's in for a big surprise when the price quotes start pouring in. :roflhard:

Jan in CA
10-06-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't think so. Not enough patience, time, advil, patience, time ...and oh yeah... patience. :zombie: Good god...

CountryNaturals
10-06-2010, 04:11 PM
I don't think so. Not enough patience, time, advil, patience, time ...and oh yeah... patience. :zombie: Good god...

:roflhard:

I'll tell her you respectfully decline. :rofl:

kmaclean
10-06-2010, 04:34 PM
No kidding! :rofl:

And that's just based on the size issue ... depending on which flag she's wanting incorporated into this blanket it could be a VERY complex project!

CountryNaturals
10-06-2010, 05:46 PM
No kidding! :rofl:

And that's just based on the size issue ... depending on which flag she's wanting incorporated into this blanket it could be a VERY complex project!

It's the Palestinian flag. I don't even know what that looks like. She doesn't care if it's knit, crochet, or some kind of quilting, but it has to be nice and have that handcrafted look. I told her it would probably cost at least $200 for the labor and another $50-$100 for materials and she didn't balk, so I guess money is no object. Now that I think about it, however, I wouldn't do it for $200, so I guess I underquoted. :aww:

Jan in CA
10-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Oh yeah... I doubt anyone would do it for $200. More like...gad I don't know...was thinking $1000, but maybe that's cause no way in heck I'd do it. :roflhard:

kmaclean
10-06-2010, 10:47 PM
This (http://islamicworldpost.blogspot.com/) is what the Palestinian flag looks like (I just googled it out of curiosity, lol) ... so it's not TOO complex as far as incorporating it into a knitted project. I doubt there are any ready-made pattern charts out there though ... so you'd have to account for the time/effort it would involve to create your own chart. I definitely think that $200 would be on the very low end ... I certainly wouldn't do it for less than $500, and I wouldn't be guaranteeing any specific deadline for completion - I know I would get insanely bored with this.

I think it would be a much easier quilting project ... maybe she should look into finding someone willing to quilt it.

wellslipmystitches
10-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I could knit that, however, I could also poke a dirty stick in my eye! Don't know which activity I'd like less. I know one would be over with quickly and the other, well . . . a mind is a terrible thing to lose!
Jean

CountryNaturals
10-07-2010, 04:47 PM
This (http://islamicworldpost.blogspot.com/) is what the Palestinian flag looks like (I just googled it out of curiosity, lol) ... so it's not TOO complex as far as incorporating it into a knitted project. I doubt there are any ready-made pattern charts out there though ... so you'd have to account for the time/effort it would involve to create your own chart. I definitely think that $200 would be on the very low end ... I certainly wouldn't do it for less than $500, and I wouldn't be guaranteeing any specific deadline for completion - I know I would get insanely bored with this.

I think it would be a much easier quilting project ... maybe she should look into finding someone willing to quilt it.

Hmmm, after looking at that flag, I'm thinking this might make a good group/charity knitting project, by farming out all the sections separately, then putting them together in a good old fashioned "quilting" bee type get-together. Wadayathink? :cool:

mspwrz
10-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Are you designing?

CountryNaturals
10-07-2010, 06:06 PM

Are you designing?

Not me -- I'm just an innocent bystander. :roflhard: