PDA

View Full Version : Falling in Love with Crochet

Shandeh
10-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Okay, I can finally admit that I'm falling for crochet.
:aww:

I used to crochet granny squares when I was a teenager. I bought some skeins of cheap yarn back then, storing it in a plastic container. When I got older, I couldn't crochet anymore, because it hurt my wrist. :pout:

So, I learned to knit instead. Now, I've been knitting for 7 years, and feel very confident with the stitches. Now, my yarn stash is HUGE!! :teehee:

About a year ago, I bought some ergonomic crochet hooks "just in case" I would try crochet again. Now, I've finally figured out how to hold the hook without pain, and am forcing myself to take time with each stitch, so I don't hurt.

And I'm LOVING the way the craft feels! It goes so much quicker than knitting, and just feels fun to do something different. :woohoo:

Now, I'm hoping to be able to crochet some pretty, lacy cardigans and shawls and scarves. So exciting!

mspwrz
10-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I am reconnecting with crochet myself. Have made a hat for the Race for the cure this weekend and am finishing another one today hopefully.
I am shopping (online) for the colors to joing the CAL on Bernat. Not quite sure which colors to choose. I really wanted to do brights but not sure which colors to choose. I am leaning toward pumpkin, grape, hot blue, hot pink and grass but I have not settled yet.
Another part of me wants to choose more subdued colors.

Shandeh
10-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi Rhonda!

I think the hardest part of choosing colors for the mystery blanket is not knowing how it will all look until you finish!

But, if you choose colors you love, I'm sure it will be beautiful.
:heart:

vrousseau
10-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Okay, I can finally admit that I'm falling for crochet.
:aww:

I used to crochet granny squares when I was a teenager. I bought some skeins of cheap yarn back then, storing it in a plastic container. When I got older, I couldn't crochet anymore, because it hurt my wrist. :pout:

So, I learned to knit instead. Now, I've been knitting for 7 years, and feel very confident with the stitches. Now, my yarn stash is HUGE!! :teehee:

About a year ago, I bought some ergonomic crochet hooks "just in case" I would try crochet again. Now, I've finally figured out how to hold the hook without pain, and am forcing myself to take time with each stitch, so I don't hurt.

And I'm LOVING the way the craft feels! It goes so much quicker than knitting, and just feels fun to do something different. :woohoo:

Now, I'm hoping to be able to crochet some pretty, lacy cardigans and shawls and scarves. So exciting!

I learned how to crochet before I learned how to knit, and it's still my first love. I still find it easier because it doesn't hurt my hands as much and I find it quicker than knitting. :knitting:

Becky Morgan
10-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Come on over to the dark side...we have cookies. And lots of lace!;)

Seriously, crocheting is a lot of fun. I don't know why it got the bad-mouthing it did for the past few years (especially from some Sn'B knitting groups, for some reason), but none of the objections ever seemed valid to me. It's fast, you can put it down in the middle of a row if you have to without worrying about stitches falling out, you can combine it with knitting in so many ways...what's not to like? I don't mind knitting lace, but it's more fun in crochet. If you want some real entertainment, find a largish, fairly solid doily pattern and crochet half of it in worsted or bulky weight for a spectacular shawl.

melmac51
10-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Well welcome to the "club"!!! :hug: