PDA

View Full Version : FO: White baby blanket

aprilbetty
10-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Finally, I am posting this. I finished this white set for grandbaby #6, in August, before I started on the little girls' Viking sweaters (but I was more excited about the sweaters than about this). DD and DSIL decided NOT to know the sex of the baby, and DD requested a white blanket instead of yellow or green. The yarn is Lion Pound of Love, and the pattern is on the Lion web site:
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kjif-babyBlanket.html?noImages=
I used a size 10 needle, and the size of the blanket is 30" x 40". The pattern was a little hard to remember, but after completing the whole blanket, I could adapt the pattern to make the little hat, booties, and mitts. This is all from the one lb. of yarn. The pattern makes a very nice, but different pattern on the back. Here are the pictures:

hyperactive
10-08-2010, 10:57 AM
This is really pretty! And it will be a nice feel because it is so "springy" with the layering.
I just couldn't imagine to knit honeycomb for a whole blanket! Praise to your endurance!

Jan in CA
10-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Wow, nice work!!

aprilbetty
10-08-2010, 12:48 PM
This is really pretty! And it will be a nice feel because it is so "springy" with the layering.
I just couldn't imagine to knit honeycomb for a whole blanket! Praise to your endurance!
Thanks. It does have a nice feel to it. The pattern was interesting enough that I did not get bored, and it went fast on size 10 needles.

kmaclean
10-08-2010, 01:19 PM
You did a beautiful job! It's a lovely pattern, and it looks like you did a great job of creating the matching hat/mittens/booties to go with it ... lucky baby! :yay:

ArtLady1981
10-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Oh so lovely! Very pure and angelic! Truly Inspiring!

WandaT
10-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Wow ... everything is gorgeous!!! What a wonderful keepsake! I love the white!

Lana
10-09-2010, 11:06 AM
That set is absolutely beautiful. :yay:

Classics are forever. (and not just cars)
I had to get up off my chair to find the free Coats & Clark leaflet from the "5 and Dime" I used to knit my very first infant sacque (1967). It was a top down, YO raglan using that same stitch pattern on the sleeves and body after the yoke. 2 oz of super fingering yarn on size 6 needles.
I still have the pattern, and the little yellow sweater I made so many years ago. sigh

lgoddard
10-09-2010, 01:51 PM
That is beautiful! Looks like another one I definitely want to try.

MoniDew
10-10-2010, 12:35 AM
it's just gorgeous! looks like honeycomb.

aprilbetty
10-10-2010, 05:32 AM
it's just gorgeous! looks like honeycomb.
Thanks. Yes, it is the honeycomb stitch. The Lion pattern did not call it that, but it is.

MerigoldinWA
10-11-2010, 04:39 PM
A really nice blanket with add ons. That stitch you used is neat the way it looks good on both sides, but different. I like the white a lot. :heart: