PDA

View Full Version : DPN Opinions Wanted

soon2bmommy
10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi all! I am looking to buy some dpns for my growing arsenal of kneedles. ;) I have one set of size 5s and want to buy some 6, 7, and 11s for some projects I'm looking at doing...so my question is what length should I buy? I am going to get them at knitpicks and they offer 5" or 6" wood or 6" or 8" nickel....what is the most versatile set size and type to get? I am using them mostly for baby toys and hats...
Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!

Tiffany
:knitting:

Jan in CA
10-28-2010, 01:04 AM
I usually use Magic Loop, but if I'm going to use DPNs I don't like the long ones. If I'm knitting a sock I prefer a US 5. I might use a 6, but probably nothing longer. If I need longer I absolutely use circulars for ML or some other method.

RuthieinMaryland
10-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi! :waving:

I have the Harmony Wood set of DPN's and the longer nickel plated ones. Although for most projects I use circs, I occasionally use DPN's if only so I don't forget how to use them! :)

I like the Harmony wood set for doing socks on very fine yarn. The long Nickel plated are wonderful, too, but I find them a bit slippery for really fine wool and tend to use them on thicker more textured yarn where you really need that slide-ability.

Either way you won't go wrong with Knit Picks. Their needles and customer service are first rate!

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Happy Knitting,

Ruthie :hug: