PDA

View Full Version : Xmas

Raven Fyre
11-01-2010, 08:47 PM
My xmas knitting is FINISHED! Wooowhooo!!!
so the final count
10 dishcloths
2 scarves
2 pairs of fingerless gloves
2 soap sacks

I'm going to pick up some soaps and then pick up a couple of rubicx cubes then my xmas shopping is all finished.

Jan in CA
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
:passedout: Good for you!

CountryNaturals
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
so the final count
10 dishcloths
2 scarves
2 soap sacks

I'm going to pick up some soaps and then pick up a couple of rubicx cubes then my xmas shopping is all finished.

:cheering::happydance::yay::woot::woohoo:

I'm only about half finished.

etoilechaude
11-02-2010, 03:19 AM
I have 1 hat left, and the decreases of another hat that need to be finished.

Everyone is getting hats this year - 8 done so far! :)

Daylilydayzed
11-02-2010, 06:39 AM
I still have 2 more string bags, and a shawl to knit.

WandaT
11-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Wow ... good for you! I'm really just getting started! UGH!

margz3
11-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Wow ... good for you! I'm really just getting started! UGH!

Same here.... :P congrats on finishing!

cftwo
11-03-2010, 08:58 AM
I have a couple pairs of fingerless mittens to do, and I want to bake some cookies for my grandparents, but beyond that, I'm done, too. I do not have to face the Christmas shopping crowds!!

RuthieinMaryland
11-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Hi, :waving:

I represent those of us who somehow always find ourselves in a check-out line at Wal-mart on Christmas eve just as the store is closing.

If I express the inclination to sneak into the homes of all of you who have finished your Christmas pieces, (and then actually bragged about it!!!!!!) gather them all up and ship them up to the North Pole for Santa to re-distribute at his whim, please realize that I'm just in the grip of PEA-GREEN ENVY!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Semi-seriously though, congrats to all of you incredible knitting achievers! Although I've gotten a lot done so far (7 scarves, 6 market bags, 1/2 of an entrelac sweater vest and two pairs of socks) I still have one more sweater vest, a Fair Isle cardigan, 2 more pairs of socks and more market bags to do, so I'll probably cruise into the wee hours of Christmas morning with my hands frozen around my needles! Oh, well, I love to knit so that helps!

This is a great thread and I love hearing about what you're all doing!

Happy knitting,

Ruthie :knitting:
:hug:

miccisue
11-06-2010, 11:29 AM
so the final count
10 dishcloths
2 scarves
2 soap sacks

Soap sacks? I'm intrigued. Tell me about them, please????

Raven Fyre
11-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Hi RuthieinMaryland,

In my defence lol that list of knitting is stuff I've been working on since january lol. Its so hard to knit with a baby and a toddler. LOVED your post I laughed. Normally I am with you there in a store somewhere picking up something xmas eve. This year I'm just giving out one dish cloth with a bar of saop wraped in it to my husband's family.

RuthieinMaryland
11-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey, Raven! :waving:

Yes, we Wal-Mart Christmas Warriors must stick together (in that Christmas-Eve check-out line!):roflhard:

I love your idea about the dishcloth wrapped around a bar of soap! Tie it up with a pretty ribbon treatment, or maybe wrap it in some clear cellophane wrapping first (check out your local $1 store, as well as Wal-Mart. They usually have rolls of the clear cellophane wrapping for about a $1. It's great for wrapping up knitted stuff since everyone can see the colors right away!)

How you present your gift will go a long way toward giving it the honor it deserves. After all, it's hand-made so some time and thought and care went into it!!!!!

I like to take smaller knitted items and wrap them up like those party favors that have the paper twisted at both ends (I think they call them crackers). Just roll the item up in the paper (and here cellophane works well), twist the ends and tie them with some pretty but cheap ribbon and you've got a nice little package to hand to the recipient! Works great!

Hope we can both avoid the Wal-Mart scene this year!!!!! Just keep knitting and maybe we will!

Happy Holidays!

Ruthie :clink: