PDA

View Full Version : FO: Cottage Slipper Socks

kmaclean
11-07-2010, 09:14 PM
So, I've been wanting to learn how to knit socks. I figured for my first pair I would use a relatively simple pattern and a heavier yarn, since I'd be learning some new concepts and techniques. I used this pattern (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cottage-slipper-socks-knit), and Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick. I think they'll make cozy slipper socks for the winter!

For my first attempt at socks, I don't think they turned out too badly ... I wasn't overly thrilled with parts of the pattern though (I wasn't crazy about the way that the heel was done, it seemed to leave small holes where the short rows were done). I'll definitely be making more socks, but next time it will be a different pattern with a finer weight yarn :thumbsup:

Shandeh
11-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Great job! They will definitely be warm and cozy this winter. I made a pair myself, and use them every time it gets cold in my house. Love them! :)

Jan in CA
11-08-2010, 01:19 AM
They look super warm!

Slim
11-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Wow, those are great! They look so warm. Very nice work.

WandaT
11-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Congrats! They look great! I've just been looking around ravelry for some slipper sock pattern this morning! Added this one!

kmaclean
11-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how they turned out ... and they're definitely super warm! :yay:

margz3
11-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Nice work :thumbsup: They will definitely be super cozy for the winter!

Debkcs
11-08-2010, 03:53 PM
They do look very warm, and you did a great job.

To not have the little holes, I usually wrap the yarn around once, there is another method, maybe someone who knits a lot of socks can fill you in.

I've got sourdough bread to pop into the oven~~:)

kmaclean
11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
To not have the little holes, I usually wrap the yarn around once, there is another method, maybe someone who knits a lot of socks can fill you in.

Thanks for the tip! I've been looking into some other patterns, and it seems that most that use a short row heel do include the wrap technique ... something to keep in mind for next time! :knitting:

ArtLady1981
11-08-2010, 09:30 PM
They look just WONDERFUL, and you are inspiring! It's always so good to see other knitters stretch their horizon! Congratulations on your success! :yay:

You are ahead of me! I've yet to summon the courage to knit socks. Or gloves. :aww:

MerigoldinWA
11-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Very nice socks. Those will keep you toasty. :cheering:

dawn1838
11-27-2010, 10:33 PM
So, I've been wanting to learn how to knit socks. I figured for my first pair I would use a relatively simple pattern and a heavier yarn, since I'd be learning some new concepts and techniques. I used this pattern (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cottage-slipper-socks-knit), and Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick. I think they'll make cozy slipper socks for the winter!

For my first attempt at socks, I don't think they turned out too badly ... I wasn't overly thrilled with parts of the pattern though (I wasn't crazy about the way that the heel was done, it seemed to leave small holes where the short rows were done). I'll definitely be making more socks, but next time it will be a different pattern with a finer weight yarn :thumbsup:

Those look great. I just finished my first socks today! I am wearing them now. Sooo warm. They are not perfect but I feel like I have accomplished something. I know you feel the same way. Good luck with the next pair.