PDA

View Full Version : Stockings for a niece and brother-in-law!

FeliksHetalia
11-13-2010, 11:38 AM
So, this pattern for Xmas stockings has been in my family since my great grandmother (I think). She knitted stockings for my mom, uncle, dad, older sister, and for one of my brothers as well as a bunch of other marriages that I forget. She passed the job for my other brother's and my stocking to my grandma. My mom never learned how to knit, so the responsibility for all marriages and children has been passed on to me! My sister got married a while ago, and now she has a daughter. I have almost finished her husband's stocking now, and am simply waiting for the answer to a question I have posted. :) I am very excited to be done with the first one! I hope to have a picture up below.... if it works... Oh and the pic will be reversed because I am not taking the pic with a camera, but with my computer, but it's not a big deal... the name will mess up though. The name is Allen and the year is 1987. Sorry it's so difficult to see. But Santa and a christmas tree are on either side

Jan in CA
11-13-2010, 01:21 PM
What a great stocking! :thumbsup:

Breezed
11-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Those are quite nice looking. Good job keeping the family tradition going.

hyperactive
11-15-2010, 09:13 AM
oh, this is such a nice tradition! Great that you keep it up! And great that everybody gets their own but the same!

In my husbands family a few years ago I got given the job to sew stockings for the new family members (my husband's brother in law (his sister's husband) and myself). We chose different fabric for everyone that matched the person and therefore followed a tradition of unconventional stockings. Here in Germany we do not have x-mas stockings but I think, they are just great!

kmaclean
11-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Looks great! I love family traditions like that ... especially around the holidays. Keep up the good work! :yay:

margz3
11-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Very nice and a wonderful tradition! Your family is lucky that you are able to keep it up!

ArtLady1981
11-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Cute stockings! I love red...

yarnrainbow
11-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Beautiful tradition! Love the stockings...especially Santa. Just wanna give his lovely full beard a tug! LOL!

WandaT
11-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Beautiful!! I need to make us some new stockings too ... just never seem to get around to that.

MerigoldinWA
11-18-2010, 12:02 AM
What an honor to be the official family stocking maker! :hug: Nice stocking.