PDA

View Full Version : Kinks in circular needles

Kibben
11-13-2010, 10:16 PM
How do you get the kinks out of circular knitting needles (the portion that is flexible)? I am continuously unbending the curl, but that is time-consuming, annoying, and also slows up my speed.
Thank you for your help.:cool:

Jan in CA
11-13-2010, 11:10 PM
I don't use those kind preferring the more flexible cables of Knitpicks Options Interchangeables, but I've heard that dipping them in hot water and stretching them out helps.

noejusti
11-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Also, winding the needle up to fit it in the original package/pouch makes it retain that curl. So, I also recommend getting one of those circular needle storage hangers that allows each needle to hang on a nice arc. That can help after you have gotten the curl to relax with the hot water trick.

CountryNaturals
11-14-2010, 02:41 AM
If the curl is just too long and gets in the way, use a clip clothespin on the curl to weigh it down.

Kibben
11-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Thank you again for your help...I will definitely try the interchangeables. Meanwhile I will use the hot water technique.

Kibben
11-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Thank you sooo much - you saved the day.

Kibben
11-15-2010, 05:15 PM
If the curl is just too long and gets in the way, use a clip clothespin on the curl to weigh it down.
Thank you....I will try the clothes pin technique on large sweaters.

Mazie
11-16-2010, 12:43 AM
I warm a container of water in the microwave, about the same as a really hot cup of coffee, dunk the cable part into the water for a minute or so and hold it by one needle till it cools. Works a treat.

Kibben
11-17-2010, 01:20 AM
It appears that my thank you comments were not posted to all of the knitters that answered my inquiry. So I thank all who have responded & I wish you to know that I sincerely appreciate your responses:muah:.

suzeeq
11-17-2010, 11:09 AM
You don't have to post individual thank yous to each person unless you want to add some comments. There's a 'Thanks!' button at the lower right of each message that will add them to the original post.