PDA

View Full Version : help needed on fiber trends felted clogs

smolloy
11-15-2010, 07:57 PM
I'm making the fiber trends felted clogs I have two questions:

1. When attaching the second sole do I attach it to the loops of the upper section of the clog or the first (inner) sole?

2. Should I make the "bumper" I'm not exactly sure what this is. I am not planning on putting a leather sole on.

Thanks so much

Ingrid
11-15-2010, 08:00 PM
I've made a few pairs of these and I love them! It's been a while, though.

Let's see--I recall knitting the sole onto the upper part of the foot and then 'tacking' the two soles together at the end. Just a few stitches between the two so they stay together.

A bumper is just an edge around the foot. It's solely decorative.

WandaT
11-16-2010, 08:51 AM
I "attached" my outer sole to the top "purl" of the inner sole by using a crochet hook to bind off. It was much easier to me than threading all those loops onto a second set of circular needles and doing the 3 needle bind off. I didn't do the bumper, which is strictly personal preference. It looks bulkier with it so I left it off.

smolloy
11-16-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm making the fiber trend clogs I have two questions

1) when I'm attaching the second sole do I pick up the stitches from the first sole or from the upper part where the first sole attaches?

What is this bumper thing. Does it show on the outside? Is it necessary when I'm not putting on a leather sole. I'm just making the two color clog as pictured on the cover of the pattern

Thanks