PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my crochet needles and have a problem

cheley
11-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi all...gave up knit for awhile..easing my way back to needlework...anyway, started to crochet again, and again I am running into a problem that I don't remember how to fix....My edges are all wonkie...at the end of the row if I ch 2 turn then should I skip the first ch and start in the second ch from the hook...is that the problem? Or am I ending wrong...:inlove:

suzeeq
11-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Yes, skip the first st, the ch 2 is there instead.

MGM
11-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Depends on what stitch you are going to be doing. HERE (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/09/stitch-chart-for-crochet-another-handy.html) is a chart that you might find helpful. You can refer to it when you are not sure how many chains you need to turn, whether or not to count the turning chain as a stitch, which stitch to work into first on the new row and so on.

Hope this helps!

MGM

cheley
11-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Depends on what stitch you are going to be doing. HERE (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/09/stitch-chart-for-crochet-another-handy.html) is a chart that you might find helpful. You can refer to it when you are not sure how many chains you need to turn, whether or not to count the turning chain as a stitch, which stitch to work into first on the new row and so on.

Hope this helps!

MGM Thank you..great help...I love your afghan stitch tutorial too...any suggestions on how to avoid the beg row rolling up...I started the beg row with a knit st..was that the problem? Thanks

MGM
11-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Thank you..great help...I love your afghan stitch tutorial too...any suggestions on how to avoid the beg row rolling up...I started the beg row with a knit st..was that the problem? Thanks

That's just the nature of tunisian crochet! If you read the text in some of the posts on the different tunisian stitches, I think there is some explanation of why that happens. It's because of there being more of the yarn on the back of the fabric than on the front, so the piece naturally will roll forward. Not too much you can do about that. Even adding borders won't stop it entirely.

Glad you enjoyed the tutorial...there are plenty more there so have fun with them!

MGM