PDA

View Full Version : Manly Sweater, I Hate You

saracidaltendencies
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Has anyone here made the Manly Sweater from the Stitch N Bitch book? I am so annoyed with it right now, I don't know if I'm being dense or the pattern is written stupidly (I'm going with the pattern being written stupidly...lol)...Kind of a lot to rant about so I'll post my problem if someone has made it before, not sure if it would be easy to follow if you haven't made it...lol

suzeeq
11-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Have you checked on Ravelry for any errata or similar problems other knitters had?

saracidaltendencies
11-28-2010, 08:31 PM
I have but I've found no one having the same issue...lol...Figures...I'm still sticking with it being the pattern's fault! :teehee:

saracidaltendencies
11-29-2010, 01:01 AM
haHA!!! I KNEW it was the pattern and not me, I FINALLY found something on Ravelry!! I can't believe I could find nothing else on this, not even an errata!! This is EXACTLY what has been screwing me up!

"Helpful hint from gamerchik: Apparently, there is an error in the instructions for the bind-off of the front piece (the neck/shoulder area). It should probably read (for size L) to BO 9 stitches 4 times instead of 8 stitches 4 times. I had this problem and apparently, so did a lot of other people. It was very frustrating."

saracidaltendencies
11-29-2010, 09:44 AM
OK, so apparently that's not quite the right fix either...ugh...Well, at least I know it's a screw up with the pattern and not my pattern following abilities...lol...Guess I'm just gonna have to tweak it to make it work...And curse the designer...:teehee:

suzeeq
11-29-2010, 10:48 AM
You can try contacting the designer, either on ravelry or at her website (http://www.knithappens.com/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,3/).

saracidaltendencies
11-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Finally! Finally, finally, FINALLY I have the first half of the sweater done!! I had to tweak the count on the BO's and Dec's but I FINALLY got it! If only I would have known FOREVER ago that it was indeed definitely the pattern that was stupid I woulda tweaked it a long time ago! Though I kept swearing it was the pattern, since I wasn't finding anything about anyone else having the same problem I thought, "maybe it really is me missing something" but no, the pattern is stupid...lol...Hopefully I won't have any more problems once I start the second piece!

Jan in CA
11-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Errata happens, but it's nice when you can at least find something! I hope the rest of the sweater is easier for you!