PDA

View Full Version : FO: Tuque :)

brolie
12-07-2010, 10:58 PM
So I made myself a striped scarf in the round and then learned what a tuque was when i wore it as a hat and a scarf and my ma clarified haha. I like it :D (sorry my photos aren't that great.. my camera doesn't work that great on my phone and im a naturally shaky person heh)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/brolie/knitting/brolieolieoh.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/brolie/knitting/2010-12-07_195035.jpg

you can see the colors better in my wip picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/brolie/knitting/SANY0061.jpg

kmaclean
12-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Nice job! :yay:

hyperactive
12-08-2010, 04:06 AM
very nice! Looks like a keeper. And thanks for telling me about the Tuque. I did not know that term.
I like this idea better than the hooded scarfs I have seen.

brolie
12-08-2010, 10:57 AM
yeah! im hoping to wear it enough to help it become popular again haha :) i dont like the hooded scarves either.. this is really comfy too :D

hyperactive
12-08-2010, 11:52 AM
you really look cute in it.
By the way: those cameras all work better with more light. Indoor light conditions at night are not ideal. You can tell when taking a photo by daylight how much better that will be. But these pics sure do the trick to show.

Jan in CA
12-08-2010, 01:32 PM
That's really cute! It looks great on you. Do you live somewhere cold? That hat/scarf combo is a good idea. :thumbsup:

Tuque/toque/hat... same thing known by various names in different parts of the world. Generally here in the US they are known as hats and I've heard Canadians say toque/tuque. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

brolie
12-08-2010, 02:22 PM
hyper-- yeah my camera does work much better during the day but i was too excited to not take pics :D

jan- yeah i live in colorado and it's finally getting cold enough that scarves and/or hats are much needed when outside, plus im a smoker so i use it constantly haha. and yeah, my grandma is Finnish and moved from Finland to Canada and that's why I was calling it a tuque.. its supposed to taper and close off on one end but i didnt plan it to work this way, just like that it is :D haha

and thank you for the compliments :)

ArtLady1981
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Great job! Thanks for sharing all the photos, too!!

Slim
12-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Very cute! I love it.

Woodi
12-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Nice! I guess you're not Canadian, or you'd know from babyhood what a 'tuque' is. We all have at least one, heh.

brolie
12-09-2010, 11:52 PM
thanks everyone :D

woodi- my grandma is canadian. finnish canadian.. so i was schooled very quickly :D im hoping it catches on here.. its such a good idea! :)

TEMA
12-13-2010, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=brolie;1307412]So I made myself a striped scarf in the round and then learned what a tuque was when i wore it as a hat and a scarf and my ma clarified haha. I like it :D (sorry my photos aren't that great.. my camera doesn't work that great on my phone and im a naturally shaky person heh)

You look wonderful in this amazing piece of work. Love the whole idea!
TEMA :woot:

swatterson
12-14-2010, 12:32 AM
very nice job, never heard of a tuque before, now I have, thank you

MerigoldinWA
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Is this one of the ones where part of it is stuffed up inside to make a doubled hat? I like it a lot. Nice colors too. Looks good on your. :thumbsup: