PDA

View Full Version : On the needles

mamapaulsel
12-11-2010, 04:16 AM
What does everyone have OTN?

Currently I have one hat, one throw blanket, 2 scarves, and a pair of socks OTN. One of these days I'll learn to just stick to one project at a time, finish that before moving on to a new project :roflhard: :roflhard:

Jan in CA
12-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Let's see.... of the things I'm actually working on... a steeked sweater, a shawl (Wisp). Of the things that are still hogging my needles that I'm not working on... a couple pairs of socks and two sweaters. I will be casting on a baby sweater for a shower within the next few days as well.

Becky Morgan
12-11-2010, 11:14 PM
A million and fifty-three gauge swatches, plus the second of a pair of Christmas-yarn handwarmers!

artistatlarge101
12-12-2010, 07:26 PM
One VERY irritating coat sweater!!!!:wall:

Just venting...........:)

MajikalFaeriePrincess
12-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Right now I'm working on a pair of house socks for my mother in law for xmas. Just finished the gusset decrease and decided I needed another break. I think what makes it hard for me to want to work on them is the fact that I find the pattern to be hideous. She just fell in love with them though when she was looking through my sock book. If it makes her happy that's all that matters.

After I get them finished I can go back to working on a different pair of socks for myself. Loving the yarn, a bit pricey for my taste but I would pick more up if I found it on sale again.

OffJumpsJack
12-14-2010, 10:46 AM
What does everyone have OTN?

Currently I have one hat, one throw blanket, 2 scarves, and a pair of socks OTN. One of these days I'll learn to just stick to one project at a time, finish that before moving on to a new project :roflhard: :roflhard:

Ever hear the old saying that God put you on this earth to do a certain number of thing?

Well the more UFOs OTN the longer you live. I estimate my OTN projects will keep me busy to well past 120 y.o. LOL

Breezed
12-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Ever hear the old saying that God put you on this earth to do a certain number of thing?

Well the more UFOs OTN the longer you live. I estimate my OTN projects will keep me busy to well past 120 y.o. LOL

lol I will have to get more OTN, now!

I only have a scarf in a lace looking pattern, a football illusion cloth (so boring but it is a gift for someone), and a toy creature looking thingy that will take me ages to complete.

lgoddard
12-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Just about finished with an afghan I finally am making for myself, glitter shrug by Lion Brand, and a boring dishcloth I switch over to when I need a break from the more detailed patterns. I try to finish one project before moving on but sometimes I just can't help myself

Woodi
12-14-2010, 08:18 PM
I only have three things on needles: two scarves: one knit with sock yarn, which is taking forever to finish (bored of it); and a blanket which I have to rip out cuz I borrowed the needles for it, and after I re-started it, it's not the same size. Now I can't remember which size to continue with.....yikes!

ArtLady1981
12-14-2010, 09:01 PM
...One of these days I'll learn to just stick to one project at a time, finish that before moving on to a new project :roflhard: :roflhard:

It doesn't usually get better...it gets worse! :teehee:

I have 8 WIPS rollin'...in different stages of completion!

Three sweaters, one shell, and 3 scarves...click here (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ArtLady) to view my insanity!

Debkcs
12-15-2010, 05:32 AM
I should live forever also: one sweater for each grand daughter, one for me, a pair of socks for DH, a wool watch cap for son who'll be going to Afghanistan next year, and a scarf or two that I've lost track of in this apartment.

Anybody know of a pattern for legwarmers for men? I'd like to make him a pair, in what ever camo they're wearing over there now, just for the winter. They'd be non-issue,of course, but who'd know?

WandaT
12-15-2010, 09:26 AM
I have an entrelac wrap and kimono that have both been put on the back burner until after Christmas ... they're both for me of course. I've been cranking out hats and felted clogs for the last 6 -7 weeks.

trvvn5
12-16-2010, 10:55 AM
I have this OTN. (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer08/PATTshetlandshorty.html)

An this is OTN for a Christmas present for my mom. (http://www.etsy.com/listing/63808445/harbor-scarf)

Antares
12-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm currently knitting a zip-front cardigan (without flared sleeves--I changed the pattern), a "ski" mask for my husband who loves to hunt, and a sweater for me. And I'm a new knitter!

You don't even want to know what crochet projects are still "in the works," though. I have so many crochet "PIGS" (Projects In Grocery Sacks) that I'm ashamed of myself!!!

Daylilydayzed
12-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Right now I am without anything on the needles, but later this evening I am going to cast on for another string market bag.

TEMA
12-28-2010, 01:20 AM
Only one thing otn now... a pair of socks.
These ones are for me. I figured I owed myself another pair since just about everyone in the family got 2 pairs from me this Christmas.
Just finished a sweater... and then it's onto making two pair of ballet socks and 2 pairs of thick men's socks... unless I change my mind, of course... :)
TEMA

chj
12-28-2010, 10:02 AM
1 blankie
1 cardigan (sleeves are almost done, so I'm getting there!)
1 pet snuggle
1 sock

Not to mention the stash that is begging to get out of the closet!!!

CoolWool
01-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Time to join the "way too many projects OTN" club. *sigh*

- 2 scarves
- 1 sweater shell
- 1 cabled hat

Well heck. Now that I've typed it out, it doesn't look too bad! :happydance:

JennyLeah
01-18-2011, 03:11 AM
A pair of socks (Knitty's Hedera) - just about to graft the toe of the first sock and I WILL cast on the second sock tonight! I WILL! And a scarf.

crazykntter83
01-18-2011, 11:31 AM
I only have two otn right now....the palindrome scarf for my gf, and a love dishcloth for my mom. The love dishcloth should be completed in a couple hours, then back to work on the scarf which I hope I'll finish one of these days lol

daniellecool2003
01-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Huh i have a aran cardigan OTN. I also keep putting this down. I put it down for about 6 months at one stage. The main reason the cardigan is for my husband. What puts me off knitting it is he keeps asking when is he going to have it. He is only teasing but it does my head in. So when he annoys me about it, it goes away till i am ready to do it again. Sounds mean i know but it teaches him lol.

bmwmom2002
01-18-2011, 02:40 PM
The only thing I have OTN at the moment is a "Smells like team spirit" hat for my dd's friend. I have another one to make when this one is done. I made the mistake of promising hat's to 2 10 year olds. I have no choice but to get them done. HaHa