PDA

View Full Version : pattern interpretation

carson
12-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone,

First time to try following a pattern, it is a dog sweater, kniting from neck down.

Pattern says: ...proceed in stocking st. inc 1 st each end of needle on 3rd and each of following next 3 rows. 48 sts.(I have 40 sts.after neck ribbing) inc 1 st each end of needle on following alt rows to 54 sts. Purl 1 row.

I used the inc method I learned from the video on your site, called M1R, M1L. I am not so sure when and where to increase. Please help! :muah:

suzeeq
12-12-2010, 04:19 PM
This may want you to use the kfb increase, then you can do it in the first and last stitches on each needle.

carson
12-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Thank you Sue for aswering me so quickly.

But, what is a kfb increase? And what do the words "the 3rd . . . rows" and "alt" row mean?

suzeeq
12-12-2010, 05:49 PM
a kfb inc is found on the Increases page - knit into the front and back of one stitch. Knit into the st, leave it on the needle, then knit into the back leg of the same stitch.

The 3rd row is Row 3, the 'following next 3 rows' would be the next 3 rows after it (so on rows 4, 5, and 6. Then it says 'following alt rows; an 'alt' row is the alternate row, or every other one. So that would be row 8, 10 etc.