View Full Version : Am I reading this wrong?

12-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm knitting a simple cowl for a friend but I feel like I'm missing something...It's just a 2 row repeat and every other round 2 stitches change needles to alternate where the holes are
The row reads - remove marker, sl2 sts from LH needle to RH needle, replace marker,

My question is when I do this what do I do with the 2 stitches on the RH needle? My working yarn is on the RH needle but I need the pattern stitch to start after the marker or there is no point in moving the marker....

12-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Do you have a link to the pattern?

My first thought is that you'd slip the stitches back and work them as the last two stitches of the previous section. Does that work?

12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I will try to link the pattern - it is round 9 that is perplexing me.

thank you !

12-13-2010, 12:26 AM
I was looking at that one earlier today... The 2 sts get slipped to the R needle, then you replace the marker for a new beg of round. The sts get worked at the end of the round.

12-13-2010, 09:41 AM
my working yarn is to the right of the stitches I just slipped onto the RH needle though so do I knit them, or just take my working yarn past them, start the new round and work them at the end of my next round?

12-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Yes, take the yarn behind them and knit the next stitch. When you slip a stitch you don't knit it at that point.

12-13-2010, 10:49 AM
okay - thank you - that is what I started to do and then it seemed wrong.

12-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I would have not just slipped them in this case (I have not made the pattern, though). I would have worked them in pattern... well, maybe when making it, it makes sense.. I just do not see the 2 slipped stitches forming an equal pattern, since there are no other stitches in other rounds or parts that that happens to. It is just an offset....

I have worked with several patterns that shift the beginning of round and I just slipped the stitches, changed the marker and slipped them back.

I never knew about Pamela (the name), I thought it had always just been there... wow.