PDA

View Full Version : Am I reading this wrong?

vaknitter
12-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm knitting a simple cowl for a friend but I feel like I'm missing something...It's just a 2 row repeat and every other round 2 stitches change needles to alternate where the holes are
The row reads - remove marker, sl2 sts from LH needle to RH needle, replace marker,

My question is when I do this what do I do with the 2 stitches on the RH needle? My working yarn is on the RH needle but I need the pattern stitch to start after the marker or there is no point in moving the marker....

Ingrid
12-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Do you have a link to the pattern?

My first thought is that you'd slip the stitches back and work them as the last two stitches of the previous section. Does that work?

vaknitter
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I will try to link the pattern - it is round 9 that is perplexing me.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pamela-cowl

thank you !

suzeeq
12-13-2010, 12:26 AM
I was looking at that one earlier today... The 2 sts get slipped to the R needle, then you replace the marker for a new beg of round. The sts get worked at the end of the round.

vaknitter
12-13-2010, 09:41 AM
my working yarn is to the right of the stitches I just slipped onto the RH needle though so do I knit them, or just take my working yarn past them, start the new round and work them at the end of my next round?

suzeeq
12-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Yes, take the yarn behind them and knit the next stitch. When you slip a stitch you don't knit it at that point.

vaknitter
12-13-2010, 10:49 AM
okay - thank you - that is what I started to do and then it seemed wrong.

hyperactive
12-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I would have not just slipped them in this case (I have not made the pattern, though). I would have worked them in pattern... well, maybe when making it, it makes sense.. I just do not see the 2 slipped stitches forming an equal pattern, since there are no other stitches in other rounds or parts that that happens to. It is just an offset....

I have worked with several patterns that shift the beginning of round and I just slipped the stitches, changed the marker and slipped them back.

I never knew about Pamela (the name), I thought it had always just been there... wow.