PDA

View Full Version : another Harlot scarf

Woodi
12-17-2010, 12:27 PM
I love Stephanie's free pattern, and have made several scarves from it. i'm a boring, un-adventurous knitter and just love doing plain old scarves, many of them. They make great gifts, especially if you offer them as "a hug from afar". So I send them off in the mail.

This latest one I got a wee bit bold with, and alternated 2-inch pieces of Stephanie's 4-stitch pattern (k2, k1b, p1) with a similar width band of seed stitch. Can you see it in the center?

This is what I have so far, but am toying with the idea of adding in some of this soft beige yarn, maybe in a cable stitch. Woohoo!

http://www.soapmaker.ca/SoapPics/NubblyGreenScarf.JPG

and if I get even braver (WooWhee!) I might also add in a chocolate brown yarn stripe or two. Not sure there's enough of any one yarn for an entire scarf.

Jan in CA
12-17-2010, 12:34 PM
I love that pattern, too. It's my simple go-to pattern for a quick scarf. I can just barely see the seed stitch. Does it show up better in person? The yarn is pretty so I'm sure it's beautiful!

kmaclean
12-17-2010, 01:46 PM
I love that color ... it will make a beautiful scarf!

Woodi
12-17-2010, 02:01 PM
It doesn't really show up that much - you would have to be a knitter, and look at it closely. But I wanted to have some variety in the scarf, like the cowl which Stephanie knit her daughter.....so beautiful, going different directions.

does anyone else visit the yarnharlot blog?

Jan in CA
12-17-2010, 03:28 PM
does anyone else visit the yarnharlot blog?

Yes! It's a link on my google homepage. :thumbsup:

Slim
12-17-2010, 07:24 PM
It's a great pattern, and beautiful yarn. Very nice.

Woodi
12-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Can anyone see the seed stitch in the middle part showing?....it's harder to knit, with arthritic hands esp.....so I could make it easier on myself and just knit the bands on either ends. This means only one more band of seed stitch altogether, with an interesting start and finish.....but I had so hoped to make the scarf more interesting. Decisions, decisions!

Breezed
12-18-2010, 08:46 PM
I really like the colors, very earthy which I like.

WandaT
12-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Beautiful colors - beautiful pattern. I can't really see the seed stitch either but probably could up close and personal. Either way it's going to be so soft and pretty. :)

MerigoldinWA
01-11-2011, 08:57 PM
:lol: Not having enough of one color of yarn is a great boost to creativity. It's looking good.

ArtLady1981
01-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Great work! Love the mix of colors in this one! You should be very proud of your creativity!

Woodi
01-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Well, here it is, one month later, and I got this far with it. It narrows in the "harlot pattern" part, and widens with seed stitch, but this is ok with me...it's just a scar for me, and I like the parts that go across the chest to be a bit wider anyway. Almost done!

http://www.soapmaker.ca/SoapPics/LongerGrBrScrf.JPG

Breezed
01-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Coming along nicely. I'm still loving the colors.

Jaxhil
02-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Very pretty! The yarn is beautiful, I really love the variegated colors in this!!