PDA

View Full Version : scarf fringe shaped like footballs

carmenosu02
12-21-2010, 09:31 PM
I am making a scarf in the color of a friend's favorite pro team. Does anyone know how to make a fringe that is in the shape of footballs?

Jan in CA
12-25-2010, 12:49 AM
I guess no one knows how to do this. Sorry!

RoseFairy
12-25-2010, 03:36 AM
I am making a scarf in the color of a friend's favorite pro team. Does anyone know how to make a fringe that is in the shape of footballs?

Are you talking like Pom Poms? Or are you talking about knitting flat little footballs with yarn?

CivicSista
12-25-2010, 08:47 AM
you could knit in brown in the shape of a football and then embroider white stitches on it.

Becky Morgan
12-26-2010, 12:12 AM

I tried to think of something that wouldn't be too bulky, but didn't have much luck. It would be easier to buy the little, about 3/4", football beads (I got some at I think it was Joann's) and bead the fringe with them.

Smee
12-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Can you knit an oval on small gauge needles? If you can, do as CivicSista suggested: knit a football shape, and embroider the laces on. Maybe use a lighter weight yarn for the fringe to keep it from getting too bulky?

I've tried looking for patterns online, and the closest I could find are leaves that have a similar shape.