PDA

View Full Version : Lionbrand Harbor Scarf

trvvn5
12-23-2010, 07:46 PM
This is my Mom's Christmas present. Well, one of them at least. It's made from a 75% Merino Wool, 15% Cashmere, and 10% Nylon yarn. Very soft and very nice.

Jan in CA
12-23-2010, 09:08 PM
That's beautiful! She's going to love it! :inlove:

Breezed
12-23-2010, 10:01 PM
What a nice texture. It's very pretty and looks warm.

JudyD
12-24-2010, 07:39 AM
This is my Mom's Christmas present. Well, one of them at least. It's made from a 75% Merino Wool, 15% Cashmere, and 10% Nylon yarn. Very soft and very nice.

Great job! It's beautiful!

I've made similar scarves and know how much work you've put into this...the cabling needle is never far away!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Judy

Ronda
12-24-2010, 08:53 AM
That looks like a lot of work. It's gorgeous!

kmaclean
12-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Beautiful! You did an amazing job on it, and I'm sure she's going to absolutely love it! :yay:

Slim
12-24-2010, 05:41 PM
It is absolutely beautiful! It's a lovely gift and I'm sure she will wear it proudly.

trvvn5
12-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Great job! It's beautiful!

I've made similar scarves and know how much work you've put into this...the cabling needle is never far away!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Judy

She did love it. But she's a proud momma, she loves everything I do.

Actually I never used a cable needle for any of it. There is a video of how to do cables without a cable needle that I found online. It made this 100 times faster than if I had used the cable needle. Plus, its really easy to do. If dropping stitches doesn't scare you, that is.

ArtLady1981
12-27-2010, 02:43 PM
FANTASTIC! I love everything about it! The pattern design, the quality yarn, the creamy color, and the workmanship! Kudos to you!

trvvn5
12-27-2010, 08:20 PM
FANTASTIC! I love everything about it! The pattern design, the quality yarn, the creamy color, and the workmanship! Kudos to you!

Aww..thank you sweetie. That means so much considering how beautiful I find the things you do.

Sassycanuckkniter
01-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Beautiful scarf, I love the pattern and the materials you used.

I am curious about the no cable needle cable technique. I have attempted cables with the cable needle and have had difficulty and dropped stitches don't scare me. :)

I am glad your mom loved the gift.

bambi
01-02-2011, 09:01 PM
It is beautiful! What is not to love?

trvvn5
01-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Beautiful scarf, I love the pattern and the materials you used.

I am curious about the no cable needle cable technique. I have attempted cables with the cable needle and have had difficulty and dropped stitches don't scare me. :)

I am glad your mom loved the gift.

Well, if you're afraid of dropped stitches I might not recommend it.

Basically what you do is to cross a cable to the left you go in the back of the stitches beyond the stitches that you wish to cable. So if you want to cable 2 over 2 stitches, then you go into the 3rd and 4th stitches on the left needle purlwise, then you pinch the base of the first two stitches and pull the needle out of them and around the other two stitches and reinsert the needle, then slip the two initial stitches onto the left needle and k4.

It sounds complicated to type, but its easy once you see it done in a video. Which there are a few on the net. And to cross to the right, you do the same thing only you insert the needle from the front side instead of the back side.

Debkcs
01-05-2011, 05:56 AM
I love it, so much I'm going to go find the pattern and make one for myself. It's beautiful!

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" right? :)

Mokumegane
01-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Ooh! I'd like to make a blanket with that on either side, then maybe some moss stitch or something in the middle! Maybe a moss or seed stitch, with the absolute center being some Celtic knotwork cabling or something... That would be so pretty! Now to go figure out that pattern lol!

kittykins
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
What an awesome scarf! What a lucky mom! I looked up the pattern and know I wouldn't have any trouble with that. THEN I checked out some of the videos on doing the cables without a cable needle. I understand the concept completely, but frankly it scares me! Although I've added the scarf to my list of future projects, I see a cable needle being very much in the picture.:teehee: Jeanie in TX

Lana
01-08-2011, 08:24 AM
That's really,really, really nice!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the "Dead Fish Hat" finished.

WandaT
01-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Beautiful! I love how it came out!

MerigoldinWA
01-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Excellent job! The cables are all so even. Just great. :woot: