PDA

View Full Version : Knitting gifts ROCK.

CoolWool
12-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Merry Christmas, knitters! Just wondering if anyone got any cool knitting gifts today. My husband did GOOD. He got me a book on intarsia, 4 skeins of Lion Brand (okay not the best yarn, but he got really fun colors - FORGIVEN), a new pair of scissors, and a subscription to Knitting Simple. :thumbsup:

Anyone else get knitting goodies?

Jan in CA
12-26-2010, 01:14 AM
That sounds wonderful! I didn't get any knitting gifts this year, but I still had a wonderful day!

Happy holidays to all!

Breezed
12-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Merry Christmas, knitters! Just wondering if anyone got any cool knitting gifts today. My husband did GOOD. He got me a book on intarsia, 4 skeins of Lion Brand (okay not the best yarn, but he got really fun colors - FORGIVEN), a new pair of scissors, and a subscription to Knitting Simple. :thumbsup:

Anyone else get knitting goodies?

Awesome! I didn't get any knitting related gifts but I had a great holiday anyway and my wonderful bf got me a brand new sewing machine.

SandsLVT
12-26-2010, 04:43 PM
My awesome mom sent me a big book on different stitches and how to create patterns, a pattern book full of fun, pretty sweaters and such, and enough (beautiful) yarn to make one of the sweaters for myself. Yay!!

Mom's a knitter too, so she had a pretty good idea of what I would like.

Merry Christmas!!

hw13
12-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Seeing as I am just starting out, I got "Knitting for Dummies" for christmas. LOL

spookynew
12-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Hello there - Hope everyone is enjoying the break.

I recieved my first knitting gift this christmas (a knitting ninja)!

I am looking forward to starting, although the kit's instructions aren't great this website has some videos to get me going. Thank you!

Have fun :)

trvvn5
12-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Boyfriend got me a set of knitpicks Options.

luvmykid28
12-27-2010, 11:06 PM
I got the book: The Esential Guide to Color Knitting Techniques a swift and a$100 gift certificate to my favorite LYS.

I am a very happy girl.:woot:

HollyP
12-28-2010, 11:59 PM
My brother got me a gift certificate from my fave lys! This is the same brother who gave me my Options set 2 years ago. I think I have trained him well!

Smee
12-30-2010, 06:55 PM
From one of my crafty friends, I got a wooden knitting doll (very neat!), as well as the book Vintage Knitwear for Modern Knitters. The hubster's grandmother got me a book on knitting hats and scarves, and his mom got me some notions.

I also knit my girl an orange and white Texas Longhorns hat using the Cowabungar beanie pattern (http://www.islandofmisfitpatterns.com/2006/07/07/cowabunga/) thinking she'd like a hat that was different from anything store bought. Nope. She wants a regular striped beanie with "Texas" embroidered in the brim. Go fig.

HSRCampbell
12-31-2010, 10:21 PM
While it wasn't exactly a Christmas gift, I did get something very nice: I was at the wedding of my best friend from college, and she brought a big grocery bag of yarn she wasn't planning to use. I only had 3 balls of yarn before the holidays, and my dad bought me two as well, but the bag still triples my yarn stash. Also, there were a few extra needles, including the kind that I didn't have that has a connecting cable between them. Circular needles? They say 4.5 so I assume that's mm and they're size 7?

melmac51
01-03-2011, 01:27 AM
I didn't get any "knitting" gifts, but I did get one very special "knitted" gift. I've been playing with yarn since I was a little girl. I have two grown daughters, who were never much interested in my needlecrafts...until a few months ago that is. My oldest daughter asked me to teach her to knit. She picked it up in no time, but being the perfectionist that she is, she would only keep knitting and ripping and knitting and ripping...we all know how that is. She also taught herself to purl, using youtube. I'm one proud mama!

Well, this Christmas, she surprised me with a scarf that she knitted for me. It's beautiful! :heart: Made me cry (tears of joy of course). So, I guess "knitted" gifts rock too, at least for me!!

Woodi
01-03-2011, 03:19 PM
I did get a knitting gift - one of the Yarn Harlot's Stephanie Pearl McPhee books! I chug-a-lugged it down so quickly, I'll have to save my pennies to buy more of her books. Now I'm knitting a pair of socks from it.

Woodi
01-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Aw, Smeee....that was so nice of you, and not to have it appreciated must hurt. Maybe you need a new recipient for your lovely knitting gifts!

Could this Cowabunga hat be knit on circular needles, do you think? I like knitting hats.

TEMA
01-03-2011, 03:32 PM
I knit most of my gifts this year... a ton of hats, socks and fingerless gloves. To my surprise they were all well rec'd... (surprise because a person never knows what a teenager will like).
My darling husband got me a lovely scissor set from Gingher. I have the craft scissors, small but very sharp, and a lovely 8" pair, more for my piecework, than for knitting, I guess, but both made me very excited!
TEMA :cool:

chambleton
01-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Since this was my first Christmas as a "knitter"..I got almost all knitting stuff (WOO HOO!!). My hubby got me a beautiful rolling, knitting tote and stitch markers in my stocking, my daughter got me circ needles, small scissors, needle sizer, yarn (3 skeins) and a magazine. It was glorious! Now all I need is some experience...