PDA

View Full Version : Knitting mistake: help!

craftymama
12-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi, all!

I'm new to the forum. I'm knitting socks and just came across a mistake I made. I've ended up with an extra stitch on the far right of the needle shown and a hole a few stitches later. I'm not sure how to correct it. Can any of you help? I'm attaching a photo. I took it with my phone, so if it's too blurry, let me know and I'll retake it.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

-Jennifer

cheley
12-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi, all!

I'm new to the forum. I'm knitting socks and just came across a mistake I made. I've ended up with an extra stitch on the far right of the needle shown and a hole a few stitches later. I'm not sure how to correct it. Can any of you help? I'm attaching a photo. I took it with my phone, so if it's too blurry, let me know and I'll retake it.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

-Jennifer

Don't know "when" you posted this, looks like you dropped a stitch....see where the "hole" is, look to the right,next to that stitch...looks to me you have 2 sts together...rip back to the hole, and pick up that st, I think there is a link here on the Forum on how to pick up dropped stitches...

Jan in CA
12-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Welcome to Knitting Help, Jennifer!

I'm not entirely sure what you did, but it looks like a k2tog (knit two together) where the hole is. The extra stitch can come from an accidental YO (yarn over) or accidentally slipping your needle under the yarn between the stitch. There are instructions on this page for fixing mistakes. See if that helps.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knitting-tips

Cheley, she posted it today at 3:40 pm. :wink:

craftymama
12-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks, both Cheley and Jan. I posted my question just about 2.5 hours ago, so your replies were super-timely! I'll see if I can't use your suggestions to fix it.

-Jennifer

cheley
12-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks, both Cheley and Jan. I posted my question just about 2.5 hours ago, so your replies were super-timely! I'll see if I can't use your suggestions to fix it.

-Jennifer Glad too help!!! You don't have many rows on there, I would rip back to the boo and start over....rip slowly as too pick up the correct number of sts...

susieseptember
12-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi
A hole like that normally occurs when you have started knitting in the wrong direction. You may have put it down and picked it up and started in the other direction. You have no other option but to undo it to the hole and continue from there. I hope this helps.
Susie