View Full Version : I did it!!!!

totribet
01-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I knitted a scarf!!! i'm so proud of me!!!! :cheering:
:knitting:

hw13
01-01-2011, 08:57 PM
LOL Congrats!

I know how you feel. I just completed my first scarf a few days ago. I was so proud.

luvmykid28
01-01-2011, 09:29 PM
LOL Congrats!

I know how you feel. I just completed my first scarf a few days ago. I was so proud.

:woohoo::cheering: :woot: :yay:
Way to go both of you. Feels great doesn't it? What next? You can knit anything. Just follow the pattern and ask for help here if you get stuck. I started knitting 2 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back.

totribet
01-01-2011, 09:35 PM
:woohoo::cheering: :woot: :yay:
Way to go both of you. Feels great doesn't it? What next? You can knit anything. Just follow the pattern and ask for help here if you get stuck. I started knitting 2 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back.

I'm going to knit another scarf.....I can't figure out purl and i'm determined. Once I get that one down, then I might be brave enough to try something different! :yay:

cfiest
01-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Congrats ! Its a great feeling to complete a project.:cheering:

hw13
01-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm going to knit another scarf.....I can't figure out purl and i'm determined. Once I get that one down, then I might be brave enough to try something different! :yay:

I'm working on my second scarf now too. LOL.

The first one was made with Bernat Baby Blanket yarn all in knit stitches. This one is made of Red Heart Super Saver yarn all in purl stitches. Purl stitches are no problem to me now. The fun part is going to be very soon when I have to join a new skein Crossed Fingers

My next project is going to be a third scarf (just for me) made out of Lana Grossa Gnocchi yarn. (And the first pattern I'm going to follow even though the directions are to cast on & knit until its long enough :roflhard: )

After I'm done that I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I want to try something with stripes (yipes!) Maybe some socks or gloves. Anything that isn't just a long rectangle. LOL

From there I'll start looking into cables & other fancy stuff until I get enough courage to tackle a sweater.

luvmykid28
01-01-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm working on my second scarf now too. LOL.

The first one was made with Bernat Baby Blanket yarn all in knit stitches. This one is made of Red Heart Super Saver yarn all in purl stitches. Purl stitches are no problem to me now. The fun part is going to be very soon when I have to join a new skein Crossed Fingers

My next project is going to be a third scarf (just for me) made out of Lana Grossa Gnocchi yarn. (And the first pattern I'm going to follow even though the directions are to cast on & knit until its long enough :roflhard: )

After I'm done that I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I want to try something with stripes (yipes!) Maybe some socks or gloves. Anything that isn't just a long rectangle. LOL

From there I'll start looking into cables & other fancy stuff until I get enough courage to tackle a sweater.

Cables are SOOOOOOO easy. They just look complicated. I will teach my beginner students how to cable next week. They took a month long class from me in November.

trvvn5
01-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Wasn't there someone here a little while back who refused to learn how to purl? I'm glad you have the ambition to keep learning new things.

One day knitting will seem like reading to you. You'll look at something and go "Thats a purl", or "That's a knit." It'll be like seeing the work ardvark. You won't remember how or when you learned that the word ardvark was the word ardvark, but for some strange reason you just know what it is.

totribet
01-02-2011, 01:11 AM
I know the knit stitch was really awkward to me at first, and now I'm just flying thru, so I'm hoping that the purl stitch will go the same way. I dont' know if I will ever have guts enough to try a sweater, but I'm determined.

trvvn5
01-02-2011, 01:16 AM
I"m sure you will someday. I've made a few. They're not my favorite thing to make. But if do a sweater in the round, you hardly have to do any purling. Because stockinette in the round is knitting every row.

Jan in CA
01-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Breezed
01-02-2011, 11:47 AM

Good job! Every time I finish a new project, no matter how small, I feel so excited and proud.

Breezed
01-02-2011, 11:48 AM
LOL Congrats!

Good job to you as well!