PDA

View Full Version : Jitterbug, Knitpicks?

CRowland
01-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Hi,

I have a pattern that calls for Colinette Jitterbug yarn, which I would love to try but can't find it locally and it is so expensive!

I have found, weirdly enough, that it seems to be the cheapest place for me to order it is from the UK (I'm in Canada).

I may still do that but I'm also looking at Knitpicks and their yarns look beautiful and am wondering if anyone knows if one of their yarns would make a good substitute for Jitterbug.

Or if anyone knows other yarns that are a good substitute! I'm not very confident in figuring out different yarns so for now am trying to make patterns that call for the specific yarns I am using.

suzeeq
01-03-2011, 08:03 PM
You can look for yarns at yarndex.com. The listing for Jitterbug should have a link to click to find others by gauge, you can also search by fiber content.

CRowland
01-04-2011, 12:29 PM
thank you!

luvmykid28
01-06-2011, 02:46 AM
I was looking for Colinette Jitterburg last year to finish a project. My LYS said that they were no longer importing to the US. I was lucky enough to find someone that worked at the LYS and had 1 hank of the exact color and dye lot I was looking for.

I have always been please with anything I buy form Knit Picks. I'm sorry I don't have any suggetions. Good luck finding a replacement.

CRowland
01-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanks. I'm in Canada and the UK site will deliver here so i can get it but it's pretty expensive especially by the time I add on shipping.

It looks to me like some of the merino sock yarn on knitpicks has the same gauge so I may try it and see how that goes.