PDA

View Full Version : A Make and Swap??

Antares
01-07-2011, 03:15 PM
I know the charity knitting blog has lots of cool knit stuff being shipped around the country (and world) with lots of people working on it--all to benefit a charity.

However, I'm wondering if folks on this forum have ever done a "pass-it-along" type project where each person makes (as in knits, crochets, or some other type of crafty skill) a small something for the next person in line.

It might be a fun way to see (and actually own) something made by someone else, meet new people, and just have some fun.

Has this been tried?

Is there any interest in doing this? (Would the mods even allow us to do this?)

mspwrz
01-07-2011, 04:31 PM
I am not sure about here on KH but swap groups and round robins can be found on Ravelry. I think is would be fun and I would be all for it myself. Would have to let the Mods make the decision though.

Debbie
01-07-2011, 04:41 PM
We have done several swaps here in KH but it has been a while !

Antares
01-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Well, I figured my idea wasn't original! Thanks for letting me know it's been done here before.

If no one's interested, I'll head on over to Revelry and see what's what there.

Thanks again!

Mokumegane
01-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Ooh, that sounds cool! Would it be something that has to be knit or crocheted or just something made by hand?

Antares
01-10-2011, 12:55 PM
I was thinking anything made by hand as long as it doesn't take too long to make. If I were in charge of the swap, I would probably set some limits (like one skein of yarn, no food items, projects should take no longer than 3-4 hours to make, etc.). That would keep us from overtaxing our time (maybe) and would keep shipping costs down.

Anyway, not too many people have responded, so we'll see if this gets off the ground.

Mokumegane
01-10-2011, 06:51 PM
I can quickly make maille bracelets ^.^ that's why I was asking...