PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made a Caliometry?

Jannette
01-09-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm starting one but am a little confused by the directions. I've never done short rows before. Is this one of those cases where I just need to "trust the pattern" and have a go at it?

Jan in CA
01-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Is this one of those cases where I just need to "trust the pattern" and have a go at it?

Pretty much. :teehee: Short rows are just that... short rows. You turn in the middle of your work to create more rows. In the video section under Advanced Techniques there is a video for short row with wrap. That is just one technique for many different ways to do it though. Start by trying what the pattern suggests and see how it goes.

Also...I'm pretty sure we've had some posted here. You might try a search.

suzeeq
01-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Yep, just follow the pattern stitch by stitch after you do the first 'turn' and it shouldn't give you any problem. This pattern doesn't use a wrap on the turning stitch though. Some short row patterns do to close up the small holes, but with this you leave the holes in to form the buttonholes.

luvmykid28
01-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Caliometry is one of my favorite patterns. I've made 4 of them. It always amazes me to watch the shape form as I knit. Just follow the pattern. It is easy, peasy.

Jannette
01-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys! I'm going to wade into it tonight.

vaknitter
01-09-2011, 10:31 PM
I wore my colorimetry today and was thinking I need to dust off the pattern and make one for a friend of mine. As I recall the pattern as written came out way too big for me and looking on-line several other people had the same issue.
As for short rows - just trust the pattern.