PDA

View Full Version : Dude.

crazykntter83
01-09-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm just wondering, has anyone else noticed that there's been a bunch of spam on here recently, or is it just me?

CoolWool
01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that too. :hmm:

Jan in CA
01-09-2011, 06:07 PM
It's been nuts! I've probably banned at least 2 dozen of them today alone. And that's just me..there are several other moderators working on it.

crazykntter83
01-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Wow that's just crazy!! I'll get on here to see what's up, and I'll find these posts with a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Then others it'll look like it's actually something legit, and it's a link to sign up to something. Crazyness.

suzeeq
01-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Yep, every day there's a bunch of posts in russian and I think one was arabic. We've been trying to take care of them as soon as we see them.

Debbie
01-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks mods !

sgtpam
01-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Yep, every day there's a bunch of posts in russian and I think one was arabic. We've been trying to take care of them as soon as we see them.

And....y'all are doing a GREAT job of it. :notworthy:

THANKS MODS!:grphug:

Mokumegane
01-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Omg, one of the reports I did, I wrote: Where are they coming from... the woodwork? the yarn pile... the pile of roving?? Lol, seriously... sooooo many.... I find I have to post something in between reporting because there's some kind of timer on the reporting thing. I'm sure this is to combat someone spamming reports but sometimes, there's a reason... a really good one... I swear!

I mean, nothing against the hard-working people here... just sooo many people spamming... making jobs harder to do, making it harder for others to find the real posts, etc.

Jan in CA
01-10-2011, 02:34 PM
We've actually gotten many of them before you guys even see them and some even before they've posted. They may be sneaky, but we have our ways... Mwahahaha! :lol:

TEMA
01-10-2011, 03:01 PM
They probably think knitting is really boring... little do they know... :)
And are trying to liven up our lives... well, thanks but no thanks...
I saw one that said the prince had arrived or something... knew right away he wasn't a knitter...!
Glad you guys are on the job! :muah:
Thank you, Mods!
TEMA :knitting:

kittykins
01-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Yes, many thanks to our great moderators!:muah: Sorry you have to deal with stuff like that.:verysad: Jeanie