PDA

View Full Version : FO: 3 scarves...free patterns!

ArtLady1981
01-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I must really put myself OFFICIALLY on scarf restriction! :eyes:
I've gone SCARF WILD the past few months. And to make it even worse, I nabbed 9 new hanks of scarf yarn during the holiday yarn sales! So nine scarves are sitting as Ladies-in-Waiting! They're engaged...but no wedding date!

But no knitting any more scarves til my 6 WIP's are finished up! Scarf Restriction!

So here are my 3 newest scarves, finally finished, blocked and dry!

If you'd care to, click the links to read the details in my Ravelry notebook!
ALL PATTERNS ARE FREE, and you can link to them all from my Ravelry.

Green Gables: (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ArtLady/green-gable-scarf-3)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5006/5344214560_9876da9a40.jpg

"Rainy Day" (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ArtLady/rainy-day-scarf)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5206/5343610295_34672eecc2.jpg

Column of Leaves: (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ArtLady/brookes-column-of-leaves-knitted-scarf-pattern)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5008/5343621465_9fdc3902e3.jpg

Jan in CA
01-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Those are beautiful, Dollyce!!:inlove:

Breezed
01-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Lovely as always and such perfect colors to compliment the patterns.

WandaT
01-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! All of them! Off to look at your notes on Ravelry!

Daylilydayzed
01-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Very Nice work!

crazykntter83
01-11-2011, 05:45 PM
They're all gorgeous!!! :inlove: I might have to try out the columns of leaves!! Awesome job! :muah: :yay:

CoolWool
01-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Wow, I really like Green Gables - cool color patterns in there... lol @ engaged but no wedding date :) And you must keep making them. YAY SCARVES!!!! (Can you ever have too many scarves??)

ArtLady1981
01-11-2011, 06:41 PM
They're all gorgeous!!! :inlove: I might have to try out the columns of leaves!! Awesome job! :muah: :yay:

If you decide to do it, two tips for you:
1) use a very, very pointy needle
2) this design does not have a WS 'resting row'...that is to say, it is charted work on both sides

I tanked on this design a few years ago, but decided to give it another shot with this yarn, this color...and because I have Signature 'stiletto' circs now.

I thought the leaves pattern stitch would look good in this green!

ArtLady1981
01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Wow, I really like Green Gables - cool color patterns in there... lol @ engaged but no wedding date :) And you must keep making them. YAY SCARVES!!!! (Can you ever have too many scarves??)

IMHO, scarves are like jewelry! But with one extra 'plus'!
They can also keep your neck and shoulders warm in cool or cold weather!

Scarves can serve as 'jewelry' only, too, for those who live in warmer climate.

I agree...you can't have too many scarves! :thumbsup:

Slim
01-11-2011, 08:13 PM
They are all lovely. I especially love the Brooke's Column of Leaves scarf -- what a lovely shade of blue. This was my first lace project and I just love the pattern.

Debkcs
01-11-2011, 08:20 PM
I would imagine that you have a scarf for almost every sweater that you make?

It is the easiest way to put a little more warmth around you, and be a bit more 'decorative.'

The three you made are beautiful, of course :heart:

Lana
01-12-2011, 12:31 PM
All are absolutely beautiful!
I tried to pick a favorite, and couldn't.

Antares
01-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Wow! All of these scarves are absolutely gorgeous!!

The What'cha Knittin' section in this forum has really inspired me to finish my projects; however, I hesitate to post pictures of my completed objects because they are so inferior to the amazing work all of you do (and so quickly, too)!

You guys are amazing!

Ginnyb
01-12-2011, 01:48 PM
beautiful as always artlady!!! Love the yarn! I need to post some of my FO's, but I never do, I think about it a lot though!
Ginny

ArtLady1981
01-12-2011, 02:07 PM
beautiful as always artlady!!! Love the yarn! I need to post some of my FO's, but I never do, I think about it a lot though!
Ginny

I've always been inspired by other knitters' work...even if it's not something that I particularly do! The inspiration I get from viewing others' knitting is what led me to try new things! I'm still threatening to try socks! I tried entrelac, but tanked on that! I haven't given up hope! I'm also super impressed with shawl knitters!

I've come to love knitting hats and scarves! I need to try gauntlets and the like! Oh, and a moebius, too! I didn't really knit hats and scarves before being inspired here at Knitting Help!

So no matter what you knit, be sure to post and share your experience with us!
Everyone's knitting INSPIRES US ALL!

Even newbie Knitters post fabulous things! Sometimes the simplest things are the most inspiring! How about those Scrubbies!? And dishcloths, too! Not that newbie knitters just do dishcloths! Newbies are quite surprising in what they accomplish for their first projects!

I had myself quite a nice Scrubbie-athalon a few months ago! That inspired one of my daughters to order cotton and netting...and take up her knitting again! Maybe I'll have a blood knitting buddy someday!

Ginnyb
01-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Funny, I have done socks and quite a few shawls and Ijust finished my first mobius!..You are right I get inspired looking at other knitters FO's too...I need to get on the ball, no pun intended!

kmaclean
01-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Beautiful work! All three are just amazing! :inlove:

MoniDew
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
all I can say is:

YUM!

YUM!

and

YUM!!

Breezed
01-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Wow! All of these scarves are absolutely gorgeous!!

The What'cha Knittin' section in this forum has really inspired me to finish my projects; however, I hesitate to post pictures of my completed objects because they are so inferior to the amazing work all of you do (and so quickly, too)!

You guys are amazing!

Don't be intimidated - everyone here, even the pros (in my eyes) are super supportive and encouraging. Having people that appreciate your work and the learning you must go through to get there is so important and that is just how it is here. Everyone has been a beginner, everyone has FO's with mistakes, everyone has frogged, everyone is their own worst critic. I say post your pictures! We would all love to see your work. I definitely enjoy seeing everyone's work. Go for it!!! :cheering:

ArtLady1981
01-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Don't be intimidated - everyone here, even the pros (in my eyes) are super supportive and encouraging. Having people that appreciate your work and the learning you must go through to get there is so important and that is just how it is here. Everyone has been a beginner, everyone has FO's with mistakes, everyone has frogged, everyone is their own worst critic. I say post your pictures! We would all love to see your work. I definitely enjoy seeing everyone's work. Go for it!!! :cheering:

Well said! Totally agree with you! :thumbsup:

My first knitting project (way, way, way back in 1971) was a garter stitch scarf that was about a foot wide and prolly six feet long! I used white plastic straight knitting needles, size US8! I'll never forget that scarf! I was so pleased with it! It was mainly white acrylic, with a wide red and a wide blue stripe at each end, plus fringe!

If there had been such a thing as Knitting Help Forum in those days and such a thing as digital cameras and Flickr...my, how far we've come, eh? I woulda posted my scarf, mistakes and all...and I'm sure there prolly were mistakes...I just didn't know it! But what did it matter? Even being acrylic it was real warm!

To this day, garter stitch remains one of my favorite pattern stitches! Last year I knit prolly 100 miles of garter stitch for that log cabin blanket! I really bit off a big mouthful on that one, but it's my favorite blanket of all time! Very simple design, but very handsome and functional!

Doublereeder2
01-13-2011, 11:05 AM
They are lovely! Your projects are always so beautifully done :inlove:

OffJumpsJack
01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Lovely scarves, all three!

I'll be checking your Ravelry rainy day, just to see how you shift the ribbing back and forth like that.

MerigoldinWA
01-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Three lovely scarves. :heart: Restriction? They are not fattening. ;)

ArtLady1981
01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Three lovely scarves. :heart: Restriction? They are not fattening. ;)

But they're soooooo addicting they must be fattening! :teehee: