PDA

View Full Version : FO: An "I don't believe in scarfs" scarf and hat

aprilbetty
01-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I knitted this set from hyperactive's pattern: I don't believe in scarfs. I changed the hat pattern to a k2p2 pattern with the same cable as the scarf. This is for dsil Sean who loves my knitted items.

Jan in CA
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Those are beautiful!!

Woodi
01-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I agree....stunning. You have a lucky s-i-l!

TEMA
01-13-2011, 12:41 AM
I love the way you incorporated the pattern into the hat and scarf. YOur sil must love them... anyone would...
TEMA:thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
01-13-2011, 06:52 AM
A truly handsome set! Kind of Jacques Cousteau, which I adore! You did such a wonderful job! Love the yarn!

kmaclean
01-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Great color ... great pattern ... great knitting! It looks fabulous, he'll love it! :woohoo:

Lana
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Great set!!!
Oh, I bet he's really appreciating those right now!

aprilbetty
01-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks, everybody for your kind words. I especially thank hyperactive for inventing this great pattern. It works so well with the Lion Fisherman's Wool.

WandaT
01-15-2011, 10:02 AM
The set looks wonderful!!! Love how you improvised the hat to match the scarf! Isn't it wonderful to have people you love appreciate your knitting?

Breezed
01-15-2011, 10:04 AM
The set is great. I have seen that pattern so many times and always consider maybe trying it one day but then I remember I don't really have anyone to knit it for in cold weather. :)

aprilbetty
01-15-2011, 12:03 PM
The set is great. I have seen that pattern so many times and always consider maybe trying it one day but then I remember I don't really have anyone to knit it for in cold weather. :)
I knitted scarfs and hats for EVERYBODY for Christmas this year -- that is everybody except the 2-month old DGD. I did scarfs, hats, and mittens for the 5 older DGC's, ages 2, 3, 5, 5, and 7; and scarfs and hats for DD's and DSIL's. Most everything was finished before Christmas. One family is in CO, and they can always use hats and scarfs. The other family is in GA and they have had TWO big snowfalls since Christmas -- with the first one beginning on Christmas Day!

I now know for sure why we retired to Florida -- the only state in the U.S. with no snow on the ground!

Slim
01-15-2011, 08:33 PM
olutely beautiful! And quite masculine looking. I love them.

MerigoldinWA
01-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Those turned out great! :woot:

Breezed
01-21-2011, 12:14 PM
I knitted scarfs and hats for EVERYBODY for Christmas this year -- that is everybody except the 2-month old DGD. I did scarfs, hats, and mittens for the 5 older DGC's, ages 2, 3, 5, 5, and 7; and scarfs and hats for DD's and DSIL's. Most everything was finished before Christmas. One family is in CO, and they can always use hats and scarfs. The other family is in GA and they have had TWO big snowfalls since Christmas -- with the first one beginning on Christmas Day!

I now know for sure why we retired to Florida -- the only state in the U.S. with no snow on the ground!

Lol, I hear you. I love being in southern FL especially when I hear about all of the winter storms in so many states. I don't have any family in cold weather states either though. I am knitting light weight scarves for my niece mostly for dress up for her and her friends though.

hyperactive
01-22-2011, 05:54 AM
Oh. My. God.

This turned out soooo awesome!
The idea to match the ribbing of the hat to the scarf was great! Since I started the inventing of the set with the hat and made the scarf as an afterthought, I was on a different track. But it looks REALLY nice this way.

Stunning that the scarfs look absolutely identical, I thought, but then I saw that you used the exact same yarn I did. That would make them twins.

I love how many people made the hat by now, but I think you are the first to make the scarf (at least juding from the projects on ravelry).

I hope you enjoyed the knitting. I truely enjoy to look at my pattern coming to live in other places of the globe.

aprilbetty
01-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Oh. My. God.

Stunning that the scarfs look absolutely identical, I thought, but then I saw that you used the exact same yarn I did. That would make them twins.

I hope you enjoyed the knitting. I truely enjoy to look at my pattern coming to live in other places of the globe.

I got the yarn at Joann's with a 40% off coupon, and I love the way the Lion Fisherman's Yarn works up. I really enjoyed knitting your design. I'm going to be on the lookout for more of your patterns.

mspwrz
01-23-2011, 02:10 AM
I don't really have anyone to knit it for in cold weather. :)

You could always knit it for a charity. You would get to knit it and someone would be warmed by your knitting!

hyperactive
01-23-2011, 09:25 AM
@betty:
I really hope to get some of my ideas on paper, soon. I have a new scarf in mind, that my husband might like. But I need to make a sample.
And I have the "hemming" scarf, partially knit. Maybe I will get to publish that soon.

aprilbetty
01-23-2011, 02:08 PM
@betty:
I really hope to get some of my ideas on paper, soon. I have a new scarf in mind, that my husband might like. But I need to make a sample.
And I have the "hemming" scarf, partially knit. Maybe I will get to publish that soon.

I would be glad to test knit your designs!

hyperactive
01-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I will remember that and let you know!
The ideas are in my head alright, but I need to knit them before I publish them, don't I? I hope I will get to it, soon.

CognizantAmiga
01-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Really nice! I'm sure he will enjoy them very much.