PDA

View Full Version : Searching for pattern or suggestions

DianneMmm
01-13-2011, 09:04 PM
On You Tube-Mara's scarves are beautiful, multi-colored scarves she made using zigzag stitching on a sewing machine and they're absolutely gorgeous. I saw a knitted scarf that had the same elements in it, yarn, ribbon, cord, thread, etc. The lady who knitted it was a cancer survivor and gave them as gifts. If you've seen a pattern or have suggestions on how to knit one of these, please let me know. :hug:

Jan in CA
01-13-2011, 09:51 PM
I moved your post to the Pattern Central forum where it belongs. The Blog Forum is only for blog threads.

So I'm unclear what you want... a zigzag patterned scarf with multiple types of yarn?

DianneMmm
01-14-2011, 11:07 AM
I want a knitting pattern that will give basically the same result or look as Mara's using zig zagging across the yarns. I've tried knitting with 3-4 types of yarn on the same row, results were too tight. Also, don't want short horizontal stripes.

Thanks for your help.

kmaclean
01-14-2011, 11:55 AM
These scarves are not knit, so you will not find a pattern that will replicate this look. They are sewn using a variety of materials, including ribbon, yarn, etc.

These are the scarves that she is talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa6OiDebRTk

suzeeq
01-14-2011, 01:52 PM
You could use ribbons or ribbon yarn and large needles and knit them the long way, changing the ribbon on every row. But it won't quite be the same.

DianneMmm
01-14-2011, 06:57 PM
You could use ribbons or ribbon yarn and large needles and knit them the long way, changing the ribbon on every row. But it won't quite be the same.

Great suggestion, I will try this tonight. Thanks for your help.

DianneMmm
01-14-2011, 07:12 PM
These scarves are not knit, so you will not find a pattern that will replicate this look. They are sewn using a variety of materials, including ribbon, yarn, etc.

These are the scarves that she is talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa6OiDebRTk

Thanks for adding the pic. You're right, the scarf shown is sewn, but I've seen one very similar that was hand knitted, but was unable to contact the scarf's creator. Just trying to find knitting pattern or suggestions to recreate knitted scarf as closely as possible in the style shown.