PDA

View Full Version : Angelbear

lilmsd
01-14-2011, 02:26 PM
This is a wonderful organization dedicated to providing children in need with hand knit teddy bears. Started in the UK, it has grown world wide. I am the US representitive, living in MI, and looking for folks who would like to knit a bear, or many bears, to be giving to children in and around Michigan. We have given to schools, hospitals, hospices, fire depratments, police departments, as well as to individual children who may just need a hug and a smile. Last year over three thousand bears wolrd wide were sent out. If you would like to be involved in this wonderful group but dont have the time to knit a bear, perhaps you wouold like to nominate a child or group that could benefit from them, or even make a donation of yarn or money. All go towards the essential items needed for making and shipping the bears, as all expenses are paid for by the core volunteers that run the group.
I appreicate you taking the time to consider helping us out with Angelbear, and I look forward to hearing from you soon. You can find my name and address on the site.
Thank you-Dawn