PDA

View Full Version : Bag, purses and cloths

Tamar Dohel
01-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi everyone,

So this is what I've been up to while I wasn't around on the Internet:

The blue bag:
Made out of 100% acrylic yarn on size 7 mm straight knitting needles.
Pattern: knit a rectangle with a few rows of ribbed k2, p2. Do eyelets and then another few rows of ribbing. Change to basketweave pattern 3 x 5 and knit until desired size (check by folding in half). Do ribbing and eyelets as in begining and BO. Then do icord: knit 3 and pass stitches onto first needle, knit 3 and repeat until desired length. I should have used double pointed needles for that but I don't have any. Fold main peice in half and sew in sides. Put icord through eyelets and sew ends of icord together.
Variations: knit tight or loose depending on how stretchy you want your bag to be.

Purses:
100% acrylic with needles size 5 mm.
Pattern: copied this picture: http://www.sweaterbabe.com/product_kp6.htm
Made a rectangle and then a long thin rectangle (for handle). Folded the main rectangle in half and sewed up the long piece from corner to corner. Then I added a little button. I didn't even make an eyelet, just made sure that the button was small.
I made the colourful bag first and the gray one was my second attempt. And I like the gray one better.

Cloths:
Made using 100% Egyptian cotton using striaght needles size 4.5 mm. Pattern: brick stitch (see the back of Peaches & Creme care instructions).

All was knitted out of stash.

Tamar

Breezed
01-15-2011, 09:53 AM
All very nice. I especially like the larger blue bag.

Tamar Dohel
01-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi Breezed, yes, that blue bag seems to be a hit! All my friends want one too. Only thing is, though very simple, it took me about 5 months to make! I might make another one that's a bit smaller.

WandaT
01-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Great job! I love knitting out of my stash. I love producing projects that didn't cost me a dime - at least at the time. I know at some point I most likely bought the yarn, but most of it is left over from other projects or I managed to scarf up dirt cheap on sale - most of it. I got quite a few Christmas gifts from my stash. I haven't tried those ball band dishcloths yet, but want to. And I love the blue purse!!

ArtLady1981
01-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Way to go! Nice way to use stash! And so useful, too! :thumbsup:

kmaclean
01-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Very nice work! I love using up yarn that I already have on hand! :yay:

Jan in CA
01-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Those look great, Tamar! :yay:

aprilbetty
01-15-2011, 02:32 PM
All very nice. I love the way you designed your own patterns.