PDA

View Full Version : FO: Nan's Yoga Socks

Slim
01-15-2011, 05:55 PM
My sister, Nancy, loves yoga but says her feet get cold in the winter. She canít wear wool, so I chose bamboo sock yarn for these socks. They are a little loose on me and the bamboo has no elasticity, but her feet are a little bigger than mine so maybe theyíll work for her.
I have to say I really didnít like working with this yarn -- it is splitty and inelastic. Next time Iíll choose something else. If anybody knows of a nice, warm alternative to wool sock yarn, let me know.

Pattern: Lacy Mock Cable Socks (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lacy-mock-cable-socks-3)
Yarn: SRK On Your Toes Bamboo
Details: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Slim/lacy-mock-cable-socks-2

Jan in CA
01-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Those are cool!

Mokumegane
01-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Those are nice... a good way to keep warm but still have a grip on the yoga mat!

ArtLady1981
01-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Splendid work! Such a great gift! I believe they'll wear well, too!

Mokumegane
01-15-2011, 07:06 PM
You know, I just thought of this... but those can be worn with sandals or flip-flops, too...

bambi
01-15-2011, 07:14 PM
They are really pretty! My kind of sock- no gusset and no toe!

kmaclean
01-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Very cool ... Love the color and that pattern! :inlove:

I agree with you about the bamboo yarn ... I wasn't overly thrilled with my experience with it either. I may give it another chance sometime, but it wouldn't use it to knit anything where you want that elasticity factor.

MerigoldinWA
01-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Beautiful yoga socks. Do you know why it is that they can't wear socks that cover the whole foot when they do yoga? I guess only parts of their feet get cold, or at least I hope so. :lol: Nice little cables and my favorite color. :heart:

Lana
01-16-2011, 09:40 AM
That really exemplifies "form follows function".
Very interesting and perfectly knit.

In the olden days we worn gymnastic shoes for yoga.:teehee:

Woodi
01-16-2011, 10:09 AM
I did not know there was such a thing!....thanks Slim!...My daughter is a yoga teacher, and my hubby and I go to two classes a week (not hers, she lives in another city)....so I KNOW these would be great for classes. I'm making some!!! In fact, I'm going to rip out my just-started socks and make these instead. Thank you. I just went and got the pattern online, copied it out.

MerigoldinWA: it's not cuz the feet get too hot (although some people say theirs do...). Rather: it is so you don't slip sideways on your mat or the floor, and can hold your posture more firmly with good feet-grip.

sabrinasmom
01-16-2011, 11:13 PM
You know, I just thought of this... but those can be worn with sandals or flip-flops, too...

I saw a pattern for flip flops that have the heel but not the toes.

The yoga socks she made are VERY pretty.

WandaT
01-17-2011, 03:06 PM
They are beautiful Slim!!

Breezed
01-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Very pretty socks.

Breezed
01-21-2011, 12:02 PM

True but there are socks specifically for flip flops. You can wear toe socks which are for each toe or you can have them in mitten style, one for the big toe, one for the rest of the toes. I love flip flop socks bc I live in southern FL but I do get chilly feet when it gets too cool (like 70 degrees). :)