PDA

View Full Version : how to..

sissyv
01-16-2011, 03:11 AM
I was going to knit a blanket for my son and then sew it onto a fleece. It was a project that was taking entirely too long. So, I just cast off and now I have a really long rectangle that looks like a wrap! Since its a blanket, is there any way that I can fold and sew it into a square??:knitting:

Mokumegane
01-16-2011, 07:59 AM
I'm sure you could... You could also look at the fabric store and see if there's a fabric that would go with it... put it on either side of your rectangle... You could totally make it into a quilt if you do that, too, by getting another piece the size of the finished piece, plus a little for seaming, then put batting in the middle. Mull it over, I'd say.. Bring the knitting into a fabric store so you can put it against fabrics and see if you like it with something else at all. A long time ago, I had sewn this quilt that I still have. The sucker is heavy and huge- it's like a sleeping bag unzipped, really. Well, I wanted to use this flannel fabric but it wasn't wide enough, because I wanted it wide and I was using a sheet on the backside. So, I got that plaid flannel I wanted, then a gray flannel on either side of it and that worked out great. This may work for your blanket, too?