PDA

View Full Version : Just a general thank you to knittinghelp.com (and what does knit 3 rows even mean?)

TrueIconoclast
01-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks Knitting Help! My sister is working on a penguin pattern, and learned about 10 new things yesterday, ranging from increases to decreases, and some abbreviations as well.
The only thing that we couldn't figure out - what does knit 3 rows even mean?

Thanks knitting help, and anyone who will be able to answer my question!!!

knitcindy
01-17-2011, 02:46 PM
It means to continue knitting the next 3 rows with no increasing or decreasing.

HTH, knitcindy

TrueIconoclast
01-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Thank you :) So I would continue in the same stitch, right? For example, if the pattern calls to "knit 3 rows even", and I've been instructed to use stockinette stitch for the last 13 rows, I would continue in stockinette without decreasing or increasing?

Thank you!!!!!!!

Jan in CA
01-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Correct! :thumbsup:

KnitNut32
01-18-2011, 08:32 PM
That is so sweet to hear about you and your sister TrueIconoclast. I am a new knitter, and this web page has provided me with some great places I can learn to knit, and it so great to hear peoples stories and about there knitting. I am starting to feel at home amongst all of you lovely people.

Thank you my darlings, Thelma.

TrueIconoclast
01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
KnitNut, my sister and I have used this website for just about everything as well lol! If I leave the house (my fiance and I are staying with my mom, dad, brother, and sister until we can find living arangments), my sister asks me to leave the computer on and leave knittinghelp.com up, and by the time I get back it says she used about 20 different KH pages as reference. What's even more amazing is that she's mostly blind, and hasn't had a problem learning from knittinghelp.com lol!!!! She even knits better than I do!!!!!

Happy knitting! :X:

psquidy
01-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I know when I have a problem all I need to do is type it up and send it out to KH land and someone will help me. I've had people spend pages trying to help me understand to finally have it click! I don't know anyone else who knits so I really rely on everyone here and I have NEVER been let down!:grphug:

Mokumegane
01-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah, agreeing with everyone else... knit X rows even means you don't make any changes... just knit how it's being knit, no increases, no decreases, etc. If the penguin has a stockinette look, you keep with the stockinette... if it has the garter look, you keep with that. It's great to see that both you and your sister are working on stuff and learning, btw!