PDA

View Full Version : FO: Green Grass Ribbed Cable Hat

kmaclean
01-24-2011, 11:29 AM
This is the ribbed/cabled baby hat that I had mentioned the other day (can anyone spot the one wrong stitch? lol) .... finally got around to uploading the pictures of it! Although the pictures aren't very good .....

I used KnitPicks Shine Sport in "Grass".

I made the pattern up as I went along, so I've made it available on Ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ribbed-cable-hat-2) and on my blog (http://electricpurls.blogspot.com/2011/01/ribbed-cable-baby-hat.html)for those who are interested.

crazykntter83
01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't see any mistakes in it. And I seriously can't believe that your cousin(?) I think it was seriously had the nerve to ask you to go back and fix it. And it was a gift for crying out loud!

Smee
01-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Looks great! I love that green, too... :heart: Nicely done!

Jan in CA
01-24-2011, 01:47 PM
:?? No, I don't see anything. Where is it?

The hat is beautiful! That woman is an ungrateful snot and I don't think you should make anymore for her.

kmaclean
01-24-2011, 01:55 PM
:?? No, I don't see anything. Where is it?

I can just barely see it in the second picture, but probably only because I know where it is. Like I said, it was barely noticeable.

And in case anyone's interested, I didn't go back and fix it for her. If it bothers her that much she can either fix it herself or donate it to someone who will appreciate it! :teehee:

Jan in CA
01-24-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm curious..how did she even know to look? Did you or someone else mention it or was she inspecting the hat?

yarnrainbow
01-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Jeez Louise...she must have a set of eyes on her 'cause I can't see an error and I even enlarged the pictures. What is she...a hawk??

kmaclean
01-24-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm curious..how did she even know to look? Did you or someone else mention it or was she inspecting the hat?

I have no idea what she was doing .... I was the only one that knew it was there, I didn't mention it to her or to anyone else! :??

ArtLady1981
01-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Oh it is wonderful! Nice decreases!

Slim
01-24-2011, 08:02 PM
It's a beautiful hat, and a great design. Tell your cousin that I'd be glad to take it off her hands if she just can't live with that (invisible) mistake!

ewalker
01-24-2011, 10:03 PM
It's a beautiful hat, and a great design. Tell your cousin that I'd be glad to take it off her hands if she just can't live with that (invisible) mistake!

I think the hat is beautiful and your cousin is a stinker for treating you like she has.

Wanda Witch
01-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Your work is beautiful. Just consider the source and never do anything for this person again. Please, just let it slip by you. There are some who don't warrant being upset over. Keep knitting and give only to those who will sincerely appreciate your work. :muah:

WandaT
01-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Great job!!! I think it looks fabulous!!

aprilbetty
01-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I love the hat! Great design. I have downloaded the pattern, and will be making it for some of my DGC's. I think using knitting worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles, that it will fit a child up to age 10 (or older)!

kmaclean
01-25-2011, 05:39 PM
I love the hat! Great design. I have downloaded the pattern, and will be making it for some of my DGC's. I think using knitting worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles, that it will fit a child up to age 10 (or older)!

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! :muah:

You're absolutely right .... I bet that using worsted weight yarn with larger needles would easily increase the size for an older child!

Good Luck! :knitting:

Debkcs
01-26-2011, 04:48 AM
There used to be an expression, "Blow it out your barracks bag!" Seems to fit for someone ungrateful.

Love the color and the pattern, thanks for sharing the pattern with us.

MerigoldinWA
01-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Looks great!! A beautiful green. :eyes: I'm crazy for green. I love the way you did the decreases.

CoolWool
01-26-2011, 07:33 PM
I agree - I love the design. And the color! You did a really good job with it. :thumbsup:

kmaclean
01-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for all the positive feedback you guys! :aww:

DH says that everything I make is "very nice", but it's nice to know that other knitters who are a little bit more objective also think that a pattern I've created looks ok! :rofl:

Lana
01-29-2011, 09:27 AM
There used to be an expression, "Blow it out your barracks bag!" Seems to fit for someone ungrateful.

That just simply needed to be repeated.
I'm familiar with a slightly different version of this expression that will also fit.
OMG! THIS is the hat you knit for that ungrateful *%#@ ?
(pardon my language)

I tried really hard to find the "wrong" stitch and I couldn't, before I started reading the replies. And I have a very critical eye.
I didn't even associate this post with your post in the lounge.

Nenwing
02-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Wow, your cousin had the nerve to say something like that?!

I think that is a *beautiful* hat, and I don't see any mistakes at all in it!

Looks like that is the last gift she'll be getting like that!

Mokumegane
02-08-2011, 10:03 PM
I can just barely see it in the second picture, but probably only because I know where it is. Like I said, it was barely noticeable.

And in case anyone's interested, I didn't go back and fix it for her. If it bothers her that much she can either fix it herself or donate it to someone who will appreciate it! :teehee:

I was thinking the upper left picture showed it better... unless that's supposed to be that way and I'm wrong lol... It's easy to overlook, though, and certainly not worth ripping to fix. I'd wear it as-is... I love green- well, not as much as blue but I love it anyway! Also, it looks nice and even seasoned knitters would have problems spotting it while being worn... heck, just read this thread and you see that!

cheley
02-10-2011, 08:15 PM
I was thinking the upper left picture showed it better... unless that's supposed to be that way and I'm wrong lol... It's easy to overlook, though, and certainly not worth ripping to fix. I'd wear it as-is... I love green- well, not as much as blue but I love it anyway! Also, it looks nice and even seasoned knitters would have problems spotting it while being worn... heck, just read this thread and you see that!..The hat is "beautiful"...um I think you know I looove cables...nicely done (out of curiosity is it the sts on top? left side?)...I missed all the "hubbub" from good ole cousin..but I have to agree with Northern Illinois and also add "stick it where the sun doesn't shine" b--tch!!! Oh and the love the color!!!!:hug: We got your back!!!!:knitting:

kmaclean
02-11-2011, 12:09 PM
We got your back!!!!

Thanks! :hug:

noseysheep
02-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Gorgeous hat, and I love the colour!

Your cousin just sounds too rude!