PDA

View Full Version : Really Confused

flhusker
01-27-2011, 08:56 AM
I not knitted for years but have started again. I am so confused by some of the patterns I've. Many of the terms I'm seeing I am not familiar with. Have new terms been developed or new techniques? I've checked some of the term/tecnique websites and it only confuses me more. I wanted to knit a simple washcloth but some of the terms were very, very confusing.

flhusker

Jannette
01-27-2011, 09:19 AM
I don't know about anything being new, I've also just recently begun knitting again after about 30 years. But the videos here at Knitting Help are great about explaining things you don't understand and you can actually watch it being done. I've used them extensively.

suzeeq
01-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Click on the Glossary tab at the top of the page and that has a list of most terms used in patterns, many have videos. The only one I can think of that wasn't used 30 years ago is ssk, which is a left leaning decreases, the same thing as slip 1, k1, psso just done differently. And that one is abbreviated now as skp sometimes. Are there some specific terms you're not understanding besides that?