PDA

View Full Version : Malabrigo Rasta Neckwarmer

athens11
01-28-2011, 01:00 AM
I am a beginner--started knitting one month ago and have made 5 hats and 3 scarfs. Now I need help with a pattern I followed in the Malabrigo book 3. I need help with the buttonholes for this beautiful neckwarmer. I have finished the project except for that. The directions are: Work following bind off row passing the first stitch over the second stitch for all stitches including each yarn over which creates the buttonhole loops: P1, k1, yo, yo, yo (P1,k1) 2 times yo, yo, yo, (p1, k1) 3 times, yo, yo, yo, (p1,k1) 2 times, yo, yo, yo, p1, k1, p1.

I saw the project completed and it looks like the buttonholes are just loops at the end. Do I bind off then follow the directions to add them? I am lost. Can someone help?

salmonmac
01-28-2011, 08:01 AM
The directions are for the bind off row:P1, k1, yo, yo, yo (P1,k1) 2 times yo, yo, yo, (p1, k1) 3 times, yo, yo, yo, (p1,k1) 2 times, yo, yo, yo, p1, k1, p1.
You p1, k1, slip first st on the right hand needle over 2nd st, yo,yo,yo on the right hand needle, slip 1st over all 3 yo's and then ignore the yo's and proceed to p1, k1, slip first st over 2nd, p1, slip 1st over 2nd, k1, slip 1st over 2nd and so on. Don't try to slip the yo's over the next worked st. Just leave them on the right hand needle. When you've finished the bind off row and secured the last loop with the working yarn, slip the right hand needle out of the yo's and there are your buttonhole loops!