PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a project

torilyn73
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi all... I'm new to the knittinghelp.com forums... not knew to knitting. Well, not a very beginner anyway. I have been knitting for a while but mostly stick to fairly simple stuff. No fancy cables and complex patterns and stuff. I am working up a project in my head, planning it out and so forth. I would like to knit a wool coat and felt it so it becomes fabric. I want to make a long coat, about mid-thigh length with a hood and pockets, not patch pockets. I have been looking at patterns but haven't decided on one yet. Any suggestions about pattern? My main reason for posting here is to get suggestions on yarn. I want my project to be a medium weight fabric when it is done and I plan to line it inside. I want warm but not heavy, make sense? I have no idea what yarn to use. And I'm open to not felting it, then I could put some cables or a pattern. I don't want to get too complicated with the pattern though.

So any suggestions on yarn? I have never knitted with wool yarn so I don't know much about it. I'm not in hurry to do this, I have a few other projects in the works first and this is just something cooking up in the back of my mind. I just thought I would ask and see what kind of input I get back.

Thanks!
Victoria