View Full Version : Help Finding a Pattern

02-04-2011, 12:20 AM
I found this picture of a gorgeous embossed looking scarf that must have a twist stitch in it, but I cannot find the pattern anywhere. Does anyone have any idea what it may be called so that I can look it up? The image is attached below. Thanks so much!


Jan in CA
02-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Where did you see it? There is one on Ravelry in the spring/summer 2010 Vogue Knitting issue. I can't post the photo due to copyright, but if you're a member you can look. If you're not it's free to join.


Actually, I found one on a Ravelry member's Flickr account.

02-04-2011, 07:36 AM
the twin leave is just that one! Just the border is different. But if it is the border you want: the twisty stuff is yarnovers on each row that are paired with knit / re purl stitches (yo, knit 1 into yo of last row on RS and yo, p 1 into yo of last row on WS)

Jan, you were quick and dead on!

02-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Because I am new to this site, I cannot post the link (???), but go to www(dot)islandofmisfitpatterns(dot)com and look for Brooke’s Column of Leaves Scarf. Looks just like the one you posted.

The scarf looks pretty close to the one you're looking for.

02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
The pattern is free at BrookeNelson.com website . I downloaded it from Brooke's website.

Jan in CA
02-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Because I am new to this site, I cannot post the link (???),

We have had a lot of trouble with spammers so it's been set up so you have to have a few posts before being able to link.

02-10-2011, 01:15 AM
I found the pattern at this web address:http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/pattern-squares
you will need to look for Free Pattern Squares up on the Top tool bar area and click on it. Then once the page loads scroll down to the knitted square samples and the pattern is no . 11.
Apparently it is a very old pattern stitch.