PDA

View Full Version : I finished my second sock

Jannette
02-04-2011, 09:29 AM
And it's a thing of beauty! All the things I messed up on on the first one I got right on the second (the heel, toe and kitcheners stitch). It seems I can learn from my mistakes after all...well at least in knitting if not in life...LOL. Thank goodness for Knitting Help and the free videos posted, they were lifesavers. Now if I can knit socks, which had me totally intimidated, all of you out there holding off on them can do it too. They really aren't that bad once you get the hang of it. Just don't get discouraged, watch the videos (repeatedly if need be, I did), and get started. I'm going to cast on for my second pair today.

hyperactive
02-04-2011, 09:44 AM
congratulations.
To completion
To the second sock
To overcoming your fear
To having done it
To learning
To advancing
To doing it again
To being lost in sockworld
and
To warm feet

;)

WandaT
02-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Congrats!!!!! That's SO exciting!!! I've only done a few pair and am really wanting to CO for another pair. I want to CO for a pair of two at a time - toe up. Got the book last year and it's really good. I did a practice pair but not a real pair.

crazykntter83
02-04-2011, 12:01 PM
THAT'S AWESOME!!!! I'm still not done with my first sock, but it's going well, and I'm just taking my time with it. You must post pics!!! Congrats on completing your first pair!!!!! :yay: :hug: :yay: :muah: :muah:

Jan in CA
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Yay!!:thumbsup:

cindycactus
02-04-2011, 05:16 PM
And then the addiction sets in!!! LOL I love knitting socks. Congratulations. :woot:

salmonmac
02-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Congratulations to you! The next time you see something you think you can't possibly do, remember the sock!
(sorry for all the exclamtion points, but it just seems like that kind of occasion.)

KatzKnitter
02-04-2011, 08:18 PM
It's always wise to have a second sock, in case the first one gets lost.

cacunn
02-04-2011, 09:44 PM
:cheering::woot:Congratulations on your success.

okckwilter
02-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Congratulations, Jannette! That accomplishment has to feel great!

(still working on my first ever dishcloth and can't wait to progress to socks! :) )

KatzKnitter
02-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Do you all really use those crazy color combos that sock yarn comes in?

crazykntter83
02-04-2011, 11:38 PM
(still working on my first ever dishcloth and can't wait to progress to socks! :) )
ooooooooooooooh. Must post pics!!! I just recently did my first knitted dishcloth and was very proud of the way it turned out. Can't wait to see yours!!! :mrgreen:

crazykntter83
02-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Do you all really use those crazy color combos that sock yarn comes in?
The one that I'm working on is in a light pink, a light green, brown, and cream. I don't think it's too bad. I see some colors that are like really crazy icky mustard yellow and colors like that. I really don't see the appeal in those type colors.

KatzKnitter
02-05-2011, 07:51 PM
I can see blue-green or yellow-orange, but not colors that just don't go together.

Ever knit knee socks?