PDA

View Full Version : FO - Duduza (Comfort) Doll

Jan in CA
02-05-2011, 02:22 AM
I posted this in another forum, but thought I'd share here. This is a Duduza (Comfort) Doll. Duduza is the Zulu word for comfort and the pattern is designed so you can make them and send them to South Africa. I made this one with light skin because I didn't have enough brown (used stash yarn), but it won't be sent so it doesn't matter. I didn't want to knit flat so I knit this one in the round. It was easy to do.

Here's the pattern -
http://www.creativestitchonline.com/pattern.html

Debkcs
02-05-2011, 07:54 AM
You did a great job on that Jan. We have friends who are missionaries, we've sent various toys, including dark skinned dolls for the girls. Yours looks nice and huggable.

Slim
02-05-2011, 10:21 AM
That's so cute! What a great idea.

kmaclean
02-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Very cute! :yay:

CoolWool
02-06-2011, 02:13 AM
Wow, that looks pretty good, Jan! How big is it? I love the tiny scarf. :)

Jackie M.
02-06-2011, 11:44 AM
He's great Jan! I'm working on my 3rd one, but the first two aren't as nice as yours. I can't take a good picture of them either, so I can post it. Maybe the third one I can post. I think everyone should make a comfort doll. They are all the same pattern but you can do so much with the dolls to make them different.

Jan in CA
02-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks everyone! He's about 8-8.5" inches tall. Perfect size for little hands. The scarf is just single crochet.

I hope you can get a picture, Jackie! I'm anxious to see them!

salmonmac
02-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Jan, It's adorable. I'll bet there are hospitals, clinics and shelters here too that would love that doll. Thanks for showing it and giving the pattern link.

Jackie M.
02-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Here they are. The 2 on the ends were knitted flat and the one in middle was knitted in the round. Little lady in pink is wearing a skirt so didn't seam up legs on her. I'm addicted to making these little guys now.

Jan in CA
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Those are cute, Jackie! What type of yarn did you use? Do you prefer in the round or flat?

Jackie M.
02-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Those are cute, Jackie! What type of yarn did you use? Do you prefer in the round or flat?
Jan, I used some scrap yarn. Everything is Simply Soft, except the blue pants and that is wool-ease denim color. I prefer knitting these in the round. I won't show the back seams on the flats because I suck at it.

Jackie M.
02-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Oh, and the hair is Paton's Allure in mink color.

MerigoldinWA
02-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Nice doll. I think in the round would be my choice too. It is cute the way he looks like he has his hands in his pockets.

ArtLady1981
02-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Now that is just simply ADORABLE! I think it would make a nice baby gift, don't you? It's so cute! Thanks for the link, too. I'm off to check it out! Like I don't have enough knitting in my queue!

ArtLady1981
02-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Back!

Once I clicked your link...I also clicked my ravel it! button...and voila! the web browser took me to the Ravelry page for the Duduza Doll. Here (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/duduza-comfort-doll-knit) is the Rav page, in case anyone wants to Fav it, or Queue it, in their Ravelry whatnots.

There are 60 other Duduza doll projects at Rav. It's kinda cool to see the variety!

I agree with you...I think you can make the skin color to suit any race!

Jan in CA
02-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I love that "ravel it" button. :teehee: The majority of the ones on the Ravelry pages are knit flat, but you can get ideas for color, etc.

And yes, I do think it'd make a nice baby gift. :thumbsup: