PDA

View Full Version : Tessellating/Festive Fish Afghan

Gertie
02-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Are you all making fish for the same quilt, with someone assembling them, or is everyone making his/her own quilt?

We're doing our own separate thing.

I may not make that EO March deadline to finish the fish knitting. My right hand is hurting. I don't see why other than I'm just not as young as I used to be (almost 54). The part that hurts - furthest from thumb - has the least to do. I'm using Denise circs & efficient movements.

suzeeq
02-08-2011, 10:32 PM
You mean at the base of your thumb at the wrist? That part gets to me, the bones get out of alignment and can pinch the nerves there. I'd tell you how I fix mine, but it's hard to describe, easier to show.

Gertie
02-08-2011, 10:42 PM
You mean at the base of your thumb at the wrist? That part gets to me, the bones get out of alignment and can pinch the nerves there. I'd tell you how I fix mine, but it's hard to describe, easier to show.

It's at the little, ring & middle finger area in the hand. Started out as an tightness in the middle finger last night. Now it's an ache. Tightness goes up to my elbow . DH says it's not carpal tunnel That affects the thumb, pointer & half of middle finger. Says the nerve problem could be in the elbow. I'll let it rest & use NSAIDs. Also stay away from spicy foods & take turmeric.

Gertie
02-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Hey, Madame Moderator suzeeq, how would I change the title of this thread to omit the word afghan? I looked in the help section, but couldn't find it. Some make toys, blankets, scarves, bags, & bath rugs as well as baby & reguar afghans. TIA