PDA

View Full Version : Felted Purse

Sewon
02-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi,
I just made my first felted tote and it did not come out like i thought it is to wide and not long enough my question now is can i cut it and make it smaller width wise or do i just throw it away-also are there any good books to get started in felting. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jan in CA
02-17-2011, 01:57 PM
When you felt it always shrinks more in height than width. You can make it taller next time to account for shrinkage. Different yarns shrink at different rates so I can't give you a percentage so that part is felt and learn.

Once it's felted you can cut and sew it. You could also cut them into squares or circles and use them for coasters or a hot pad.

CoolWool
02-19-2011, 12:45 AM
I like the Chicks with Sticks: Guide to Knitting (http://www.amazon.com/Chicks-Sticks-Guide-Knitting-Patterns/dp/0823006751/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298090557&sr=8-1) book for felting. They have a really cute little felted clutch in there - perfect for a beginning felting project. They also have a few other felted projects in there with really good instructions. I made the little clutch and it turned out to be super cute.